Good morning from a 3rd floor hotel room in very wet and dull Manchester. Today's view is mostly blocked by a big tree, but I can see the Oxford Road to Piccadilly train line if I stand to one side.
A large cooked breakfast has been had along with multiple coffees to see me through the day so I'm letting everything settle before heading to the station at about 10:00. If the rain continues it will be a very quiet walk as I didn't bring a waterproof jacket.
The return leg is a reverse of yesterday's trip and this time I can leave the hotel half an hour later and get home an hour earlier than the normal route. Also Avanti 's automatic delay repay has already notified me of eligibility for a partial refund for yesterday and all I needed to do was say how I wanted the money paid.