Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
I've just had the pop-up on my PC saying that this is ready to download and install. What could possibly go wrong...
As it turns out, nothing at all so far. I was expecting a long download and multiple reboots but it only took 5 around minutes and a single restart on completion.

Nothing much done this evening other than to check the walking routes for Friday's outing and the return to the station on Saturday as it's somewhere I've not been before.
 

Reynard

Legendary Member
It's been a warm and mostly sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept pretty well, if a bit short changed. Downstairs, fed the cat, made myself a :cuppa: and took it upstairs to do some writing. Worked out why I've ground to a halt on the current chapter - namely I've written myself into a dead end. Cue a lot of deleting and back-tracking. I think I've got it to a point where I can move forward again.

Chores done at a better hour. That done, the morning's first job was to play hunt-the-duvet. The feather duvet I aired yesterday needs a lot more work, for which I don't have the time right now. Found one in the garage (the one I'd been thinking of), but I've used chunks of it for crafting / making cat toys for CP. Half a duvet is of no use. But found two more in the utility room - a single feather one, and a fibre-filled double. Which doesn't fit in the washing machine, but I aired it out, and it's good to go. Also did a load of tidying up.

Had a rather late luncheon of two slices of toast with pate, a banana and a small pot of tea.

Back to the tidying up after. Had a load of stuff to chuck in the recyclables bin. Found three tins of pencils I've been looking for but was unable to find.

Had a :cuppa: then scooped the tray. After, took a car load of stuff to the tip as they have late opening on Wednesdays. Glad to get rid of that old bedding, it was beyond use. Bought a brand new hooded litter tray ( large corner tray, charcoal filter in the lid) in the sales area for a tenner. Pleased with that. Swung by B&M on the way home and acquired new pillows (they do a 4-pack for £12) and a supply of cat litter.

Home later than expected.

Supper was pasta with a sauce made from bacon, onion, chilli, home grown tomatoes and a splooshette of cream.

Now just having a quiet evening watching stuff on catch-up.
 

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
The evening's hot chocolate has just been made.

Thanks to a combination of a £20 bonus from PayPal and still having some reward points left over from using it to buy the new bike, I've just booked a Travelodge in Brighton in March for £15 cash. With the gig ticket setting me back £17 last week and train tickets likely to be £28, that's a very cheap away day.
 

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
:ohmy:
I've just checked my bank account to see how much TFL have taken for yesterday's tube trip* and there's a random deposit (Bank Giro Credit) of a little over £100 that I have no idea where from. The latest refund request from Octopus has been delayed while they sort out yet another account problem (in my favour this time) and wasn't for that amount, I've had no emails regarding monies due from anyone, don't enter competitions so it's not winnings, no tax refund is due and there's no message from HMRC on their app and the originator details don't match anybody I've paid or received money from in the past. Unless Avanti have paid me nearly 25x the delay repay I'm due then I'm flummoxed as to where this money is from!

*it was £3 by the way
 
Top Bottom