Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Surprisingly busy day today!
Lots of chores have been chored...
 

Mike_P

Legendary Member
Location
Harrogate
Fruit juice ran out this morning. At look at the Trolley app revealed the 45% off offer which was absent for the last one was at Morrisons.
eHybrid dragged out of its slumbers, tyres pumped up and it turned out to be another bike with a sluggish and noisy front hydraulic brake. 3 cartons of fruit juice weighted the rucksack and another £2 off £20 voucher acquired.
After a coffee a Co-op trek to use up the weeks vouchers and yet again another long dated reduced item, flapjacks best before 23 Oct.
The eHybrid had a lever bleed, then then the disc cleared and sandpaper on the pads.
Then investigated the new bike further and the inside plunger to the front brake hardly moves. Sprayed it with disc brake cleaner but no change. YouTube didn't seem to have any answer as all seen to assume it moves out far enough to lubricate with hydraulic fluid.
 

simongt

Guru
Location
Norwich
Whilst wandering through Wymondham on Friday after 'raiding' the Friday market, came a cross a slightly worse for wear road bike outside a shop.
Black alu Alfa Romeo frame, Giant front forks, probably carbon. Campagnolo rims, Shimano drive train, canti brakes.
An interesting mix - ! ^_^
 

Illaveago

Legendary Member
Just looked at the ‘Earliest picture’ thread too. I don’t have any of me in my childhood at all, not until leaving secondary school aged 16. I don’t know what happened to any of the photo’s that my late parents had, nothing was mentioned/offered when my brother and sister cleared the house. I don’t know if they just binned them.

That's very sad.
 

Illaveago

Legendary Member
What do people put on their chains. I have been trying to clean the cranks and rear mech which I bought yesterday. There was some thick black gunge which seemed to have baked on, what normally softens with white spirit didn't and I had to use a flat bladed screwdriver like a chisel to scrape it off.
 
Top Bottom