Muscle recovery after vigorous exercise - whey protein or just milk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I do believe that protein shakes are beneficial for muscle recovery if consumed imediately after a hard ride. However I suspect I'm also wasting my money because I think a pint of semi-skimmed milk will do the same job.

Comments?

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sorry, just spotted the almost identical post below. Please delete this thread.

ayceejay

Guru
During your hard ride you think that you have used up something that you need to replace so that you recover the loss, is that correct?
What do you think that is?
Do you think milk has whatever it is?

rowdin

Terence david
I've been a vegan for six months I used to have lots of milk after rides but my legs would still hurt the day after. Now I have fruit, lots of green salad and carbs (wholegrain rice, lentils, spuds,) even after a 100km ride my longest ride to date done a few weeks ago, there was no pain in my legs the day after.

Citius

I've been a vegan for six months I used to have lots of milk after rides but my legs would still hurt the day after. Now I have fruit, lots of green salad and carbs (wholegrain rice, lentils, spuds,) even after a 100km ride my longest ride to date done a few weeks ago, there was no pain in my legs the day after.

Can you definitely attribute all that to the fruit, lentils, etc - or is it possible that your fitness (and therefore your ability to recover) has increased in the interim?

Citius

For years now I have had a hard time recovering from exercise, but not since I have been a vegan. http://nutritionfacts.org/ Try this site lots of good stuff.

That doesn't answer my question though.

Top Bottom