1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mushy peas, pickled eggs & Curry sauce are just so...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 4 Oct 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

2. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

Darn it......i was expecting to open this thread and see "delicious"

Theres nowt better than coming in from the pub to warm salty chips smothered in curry sauce and a pickled egg on the side.

Its an Englishmans heritage

3. Fish chips and mushy peas/curry sauce/a pickled egg are all the Food of the Gods. If you must post opinions BFTB, please ensure they're not wrong in future.:biggrin:

4. tomb1960

tomb1960 New Member

Where I grew up, all the pubs had massive jars of pickled eggs behind the bar. The most popular way to have them was in a bag of cheese and onion crisps, it's a great combo try it!!

BTFB I have to admit I am with you on curry sauce, but the rest I totally agree with Rhythm Thief.....Food of the Gods (as are pork pies!)

5. John Ponting

John Ponting Über Member

I visited in Stockport back in the '60s and was introduced to curry sauce with chips. I've never had it since.

Chips go with Fish and Mushy Peas FULLSTOP.

6. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Curried potatoes are a great Indian dish. Curry sauce on chips is pretty good. Curry sauce on pasta is even better. I discovered this years before the Indian restaurants started doing it.

7. lardarse rider

lardarse rider Well-Known Member

What about a nice salad with gravy?

8. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I think these are pretty much Northern 'delicacies' as I dont see them much in the sowf (with the possible exception of the eggs). Why anybody would want to eat that carp let alone pay for it is beyond me. Curry sauce????????:biggrin: erm...hello...:biggrin::biggrin::sad::biggrin::smile:

9. I thought that this was going to be another thread about farts.
    I'm secretly disappointed

10. Cab

Cab New Member

Well put something else in your sarnies then.

11. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

I think you're right, mostly. However you get mushy peas/'liquor' in East End Pie Shops (there's one on Canvey) but I've never had the courage to go into one. And I was born in Plaistow.

12. Up North our chippies don't stock Southern 'delicacies' such as
    - eels
    - saveloys
    - 'rock salmon' (salmon my a**e - it means catfish !)

13. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Lettuce with gravy or sauce is nice too, especially if it's pre-soaked in vinaigrette.

14. walker

walker New Member

Something tells us your not a Lardarse through eating Salad.

15. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Not to leave you disappointed I have have just farted in your general direction.