Mushy peas, pickled eggs & Curry sauce are just so...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Darn it......i was expecting to open this thread and see "delicious"

Theres nowt better than coming in from the pub to warm salty chips smothered in curry sauce and a pickled egg on the side.

Its an Englishmans heritage

tomb1960

Where I grew up, all the pubs had massive jars of pickled eggs behind the bar. The most popular way to have them was in a bag of cheese and onion crisps, it's a great combo try it!!

BTFB I have to admit I am with you on curry sauce, but the rest I totally agree with Rhythm Thief.....Food of the Gods (as are pork pies!)

I visited in Stockport back in the '60s and was introduced to curry sauce with chips. I've never had it since.

Chips go with Fish and Mushy Peas FULLSTOP.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Curried potatoes are a great Indian dish. Curry sauce on chips is pretty good. Curry sauce on pasta is even better. I discovered this years before the Indian restaurants started doing it.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think these are pretty much Northern 'delicacies' as I dont see them much in the sowf (with the possible exception of the eggs). Why anybody would want to eat that carp let alone pay for it is beyond me. Curry sauce????????:biggrin: erm...hello...:biggrin::biggrin::sad::biggrin::smile:

I thought that this was going to be another thread about farts.
I'm secretly disappointed

ChrisKH

Guru
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I think these are pretty much Northern 'delicacies' as I dont see them much in the sowf (with the possible exception of the eggs). Why anybody would want to eat that carp let alone pay for it is beyond me. Curry sauce????????:biggrin: erm...hello...:biggrin::biggrin::sad::biggrin::smile:

I think you're right, mostly. However you get mushy peas/'liquor' in East End Pie Shops (there's one on Canvey) but I've never had the courage to go into one. And I was born in Plaistow.

domtyler

Über Member
Kirstie said:
I thought that this was going to be another thread about farts.
I'm secretly disappointed

Not to leave you disappointed I have have just farted in your general direction.

Top Bottom