Music for iPod thingy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Mrs Noodley has an iPod thingy, and she has a right lot of shite on it. I have started to use it when I am at the gym, on rides and in the car, but seem to spend most of my time wincing at robbie williams, take that, and other assorted pish.

I have a few "old" favourites but I'm looking for suggestions:

I have varied tastes: so far I have AC/DC, Saxon, Jimmy Barnes, Classical, a few folk tunes, oboe solos, Billy Joel, Madness, Undertones, Sex Pistols, but I am fairly open to most things (as long as it's not that knob Williams)

mr Mag00

rising member
2 bands foo fighters and faithless is all u need for different sessions

How do you load this ipod thingy up? Can you make playlists up on the PC before you download it. I tend to make up a category, say rock. Trawl through music collection and dump favourite rock songs into the category (playlist), then load it to the player. Works far better than whole albums, well for me it does anyway.

This Mrs Noodley present seems to have worked out quite well then. :sad:

Bigtallfatbloke

Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche

Anything by Yngwie Malmsteen

The soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribean worlds end

...that should keep you busy.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Crackle said:

Aye, potentially - but it is full of shite just now. :thumbsup:

I am trying to remember songs I like but cannae. Ok, remembered - Ventura Highway :?: that'll do nicely...

mondobongo

Über Member
Stanlow-Omd
Guns of Brixton-the Clash
Nightporter-Japan
Forgotten Sons-Marillion
Geno-Dexys
Ashes to Ashes-Bowie
Bhindi Bhagee-Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
The Chauffeur-Duran Duran
Barracuda-Heart
Symptoms of the Universe-Sepultura Cover

Theres a nice eclectic mix would maybe also shove Metallica's 'Fade to Black' and Danzig's 'Godless' on there just to round it off.

The Pixies
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (especially "Orange")
Dexy's
Toots and the Maytals
The White Stripes
Nick Drake

Trillian

Crackle said:
How do you load this ipod thingy up? Can you make playlists up on the PC before you download it. I tend to make up a category, say rock. Trawl through music collection and dump favourite rock songs into the category (playlist), then load it to the player. Works far better than whole albums, well for me it does anyway.

yes, if your using iTunes then its just drag and drop (turn off the auto sync is my advice)

bottom left corner there is a + button, clicking this will make a new play list, drag and drop songs, albums or artists into this, hit shuffle if you want a random order of it, drag the playlist onto the iPod

enjoy.

oh, deleting the songs on the iPod does not delete them from the computer

Keith Oates

Janner
Funny really, but I also reach for the off switch when Williams makes an appearance. I guess there must be many others who would disagree otherwise he would be out of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simonali

Guru
Looking through my one, some artists wot I like are these- Alice In Chains, Amplifier, Ben Harper, Bloc Party, Eels, Feeder, Kings Of Leon, Modest Mouse, Pearl Jam, Pigeonhed, Radiohead, Union Of Knives and Zero 7.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Noodley said:
Mrs Noodley has an iPod thingy, and she has a right lot of shite on it. I have started to use it when I am at the gym, on rides and in the car, but seem to spend most of my time wincing at robbie williams, take that, and other assorted pish.
You could always try mincing instead... see where that takes you ... :sad:

longers

Legendary Member
I don't know if you are dragging individual songs into your playlist but if you press the shift key every time you select a song it lets you drag more than one song at a time. I think :sad:.

Top Bottom