Music in TV Shows

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You mean you DON'T like how GRRM mentions boiled leather every second paragraph?

Poor Marillion didn't deserve to be cut from the show, but that pales in comparison with them cutting Lady Stoneheart. I've still never read up to the Red Wedding, but I worked out zombie Cat Stark's existence purely by paying attention to the show. Of course, that was back when it was based on the source material and was therefore written by someone who actually understood plotting, subtlety and foreshadowing, but then they ran out of source material and it all went out the window in favour of eunuch jokes, the bloody sand sneks (you want the good girl but you need the bad- UGH) and crappy CG action set pieces.

With most other good shows with terrible endings, you can get something out of watching them, because each season has a self-contained story arc. Like in Dexter, you can rewatch and stop after season 4, as the ending to season 4 is perfect. But GoT is a colossal waste of time, effort and money, because so much of the early stuff was setting up the board for events that were meant to follow but never did.

Seven hells @winjim, you've angered me this day! MORE WINE!
Was the loss of Lady Stoneheart really that much of a big deal? Yeah, she's kind of cool, but does she advance the story in any meaningful way? I'm not sure she does. Maybe there'll be more later on but I've lost interest and there's no way I'm going back if and when TWOW and ADOS are eventually published.

My biggest problem with the series was the treatment they gave Jaime Lannister. In the book he's basically a good and moral man, who happened to be born into a bad family and whose only fault was falling in love with his sister, which he couldn't help. In the series they had him kill his cousin, which immediately strips all that away from the character and just makes him a straight up baddie, which is lazy and boring. They needed to concentrate more on the characters and less on the dragons.

I'm writing this and keep thinking of more things that were rubbish about it but it's finished so I shouldn't go on, except to point out that they never explained how time and the seasons worked and how they count a year. GRRM has said that there is an explanation for it...

Top Bottom