Must pass the cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phaedrus

even when he's doing 28mph in a 30mph zone and we're approaching a red traffic light. What is it with some people? Sheesh.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
some people are just idiots

dondare

Über Member
jimscullion said:
even when he's doing 28mph in a 30mph zone and we're approaching a red traffic light. What is it with some people? Sheesh.

Especially when he's doing 28mph in a 30 zone.
Cars have to be faster, and this has to be proved.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, I love out-cornering motons. Hyde Park corner is one good place, as is also the Vauxhall gyratory southbound. I've occasionally commented on how someone in a nice car isn't very fast around the corners. Usually get a laugh back, albeit slightly uneasy.

I had a fool overtake me in his B*W last night as we were approaching roadworks, a pedestrian crossing and a stationary line of traffic for roadworks about a third of a mile further on. As I came alongside, I leaned to his window and said, softly, 'You know, if you look ahead before overtaking, you'll see what's coming up.'

'Wha?' he replied, 'I never went near ya!'

Whoosh! as the point went waaay over his head, and I set off to be home long before he would be.

navrat_biker

why are they always in B*W's or in Vectras! Why!

This happend to me the other week, but get this i must have passed him three times with stopping starting through the lights system and each time they got closer!!

Idiots! and anyone had the ones who then will swerve into the pavement to avoid a right hand turning car and just "forget about the cyclist" approaching at 20mph too.

I get it in the car too.

Since my preferred marque is Skoda (before they became just re-shelled VWs) but have also owned Ladas and Yugos, it gets tiresome on the motorway.

Someone behind me suddenly realises there is a Skoda in front so uses their preconceived idead to judge speed instead of looking at the little dial in front of their nose, overtakes and then 2 minutes later is giving it zeds (usually in the middle lane) at 65. Until I overtake and then we go through the same rigmarole like it's Groundhog Day.

Same mentality, driving on assumptions rather than awareness.

Sounds like me as well, motorway for me is 65mph with cruise control on, if I pull out to pass someone they invariably speed up to 65 when I am along side them so blocking two lanes, or I will be passed and then they will cut in and slow down to 60, what is that about?

rsvdaz

ive had them overtake me and then turn left at the very next junction - causing me to break very hard with heart in mouth!!

dondare

Über Member
rsvdaz said:
ive had them overtake me and then turn left at the very next junction - causing me to break very hard with heart in mouth!!
There's no getting away from the old left hook ploy.

Top Bottom