Must remember that when working til 10pm..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
TO PUT MY BLOODY LIGHTS ON THE BIKE

Took them off for the Blackpool ride yesterday and somehow forgot to put them back,got to work at 2pm and realised my mistake,luckily I was able to borrow a mates Tesco cheapo front light to get home with,was a real shock though as I'm used to 2 Hopes on the front and this was a 'green' flasher,thought I was invisible all the way home:sad:

Blimey...mine are always fitted.

iZaP

Über Member
You can be invisible during a bright sunny day as well.. :ohmy: "sorry, I didn't see you mate"

I actually enjoy cycling at night due to low traffic.

iZaP

Über Member
hackbike 666 said:
Same here Mr Zap,my 4am commutes are great even with the odd rogue lorry.

4-5am is pretty bright already during summer days, i love cycling out that early, just for fun, seeing the sleepy bus and tram drivers who start their shifts :ohmy:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I like my 'off peak' commutes too,just made me realise how good my lights are that's all,was quite scary everytime i came to a junction with a car waiting to come out,I covered the brakes just in case.
Luckily my back light is permanently glued to my seat pack to stop it falling off so I had that OK.

iZaP said:
4-5am is pretty bright already during summer days, i love cycling out that early, just for fun, seeing the sleepy bus and tram drivers who start their shifts :biggrin:

Days are getting shorter.:biggrin:

Jezston

Über Member
I had a cheap pair of lights (£4 from Sports Direct) sat on my BSO. Someone nicked them!

Also, I think having lights OFF would be best for me riding through Derby city centre at 10pm, especially on a friday night!

dav1d

Jezston said:
I had a cheap pair of lights (£4 from Sports Direct) sat on my BSO. Someone nicked them!

Also, I think having lights OFF would be best for me riding through Derby city centre at 10pm, especially on a friday night!

Someone knicked my last front light - one of those £20 EBC ones that are easy to undo - they even took the bracket! I'd only gone into Netto for less than 5 minutes, just forgot to take it off that time. Luckily I've got my magnet powered dynamo reelights on the wheels too, but I don't feel as safe using them on their own.

Top Bottom