MUVI type cameras for under £12, apparently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Wobbly John

Veteran
As I've just posted on the MUVI thread:

Plastic case, not compatible with Muvi accessories - they're slightly larger. The one I got failed on the first day, and I'm having trouble getting a reply from the seller about returning it.

I think an original ali cased Muvi at twice the price is a better bet if you can find one.

Just got mine today [took 3 weeks], plastic case not fully compatible with MD80 mountings [nearly fits, but could be lashed with black electricians tape].

Cheap construction, won't take much hammer! Picture quality OK, same as MD80 - but not tested it on bike yet.

Took a bit of faffing about to get it to read 8Gb card - but working OK now. Has a reset button that I broke by jabbing it too hard, so had to remove the four [although they only fitted three] screws to do a reset, suspected the Xtal cables were shorting to the main control IC.

Has a time & date function which can be set by dropping a config file onto the card [My MD80 does not have this]

Probably less waterproof than the aluminium MD80, so will probably be using more electricians tape to make it rain proof.

It also comes with a dodgy 2-pin charger - chucked this straight in the bin [wouldn't trust it - advise anyone else who buys one to do the same] - will be charging from USB port.

Despite these drawbacks OK for £11 delivered if you like to mess .....

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
andrew-the-tortoise said:
It also comes with a dodgy 2-pin charger - chucked this straight in the bin [wouldn't trust it - advise anyone else who buys one to do the same] - will be charging from USB port...

My cheap one specifically advises to charge from the USB port and not to charge from the mains for more than 3 hours.

Top Bottom