my 1st Century

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleekitcollie

i did my 1st 100 mile run today , well 108 miles to be exact ( and those last 8 did hurt:ohmy: lol )
left the house (winchburgh ) 6am , cycled to inverkeithing and caught the train to dundee , after a big tesco breakfast i cycled home via st andrews , crail , anstruther , ellie etc . right along the fife coast , when i got to rosyth i carried on along the coast via culross to the kincardine brig then grangemouth , polmont ( oh felt the hill from beancross to polmont ) then through linlithgow and back to sunny winchburgh by the bing :rofl:
108 miles ( 100 exactly from dundee ) cycling time for 100 wa 7hrs 45 min but total time was 10 hrs by the time i stopped for food / rest / photos / lots of toilets lol ,
really pls to have done my 1st ton , left calf is a wee bit tight but my previous max was 80 miles and most this year b4 today was 70 . anyway its a big milestone for me so pls forgive my excitment in managing to do it ;):biggrin:

Noodley

well done ;)

100 miles is a 'biggie'

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well done that man! Especially since you're not far off the same age as myself, and I reckon 50 is hard going ;). Have signed up for "Pedal for Scotland" in September, so am in training for that... Managed 30 odd miles today before a problem with a tyre put a stop to it.

Hopefully I will be on here in the near future announcing the same as you have done today, well done again :rofl:.

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

cheers guys , hey Brandane , see ur a proff driver as well and ride a tricross . i still recon 50 is tough sometimes .
i,ve not regestered yet 4 pedal 4 scotland , was hoping to do the 100 mileone but even though i did that 2day not quite sure im up for doing it with a bunch of seasoned cyclists

joemaxi

Well done!

What an epic milestone reaching the ton must be! I was out for a "quickie" before work today just pver the water to Kincardine and over the new bridge. It was only 16.5 miles but it was a lovely day so I thought I`d go the long way to work!

Maybe one day I`ll reach that figure.............

Brandane

Legendary Member
sleekitcollie said:
cheers guys , hey Brandane , see ur a proff driver as well and ride a tricross . i still recon 50 is tough sometimes .
i,ve not regestered yet 4 pedal 4 scotland , was hoping to do the 100 mileone but even though i did that 2day not quite sure im up for doing it with a bunch of seasoned cyclists

Don't know about "professional driver"!!!!! but yes I get paid to point a Saints lorry in the direction of Aberdeen airport every day (well, 4 on/4 off) out of Glasgow airport. And my Tricross is the poor mans version but I am getting to really enjoy it.. See you are a biker too, I have an old Fazer 600 that gets the occassional outing as well. Off to Aberdeen now, first day back on......

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
im starting to doubt i have what it takes to make it to 100miles, im more of a short to mid distance person, so well done xx(:becool:

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

thanx guys , jig im sure u will do it i never in a month of sundays thought i,d manage it but hey u never know
brandane sold my bike in sept as i needed funds , dragstar 1100 , will get another one as soon as i get some cash .
my legs felt great this morning apart from the outside if my left knee which was sore , my calf was sore from about half way round maby i need to adjust me cleat a wee bit .... wend out this morning on the mountain bike just to the shops and did 8 miles this evening now im away for some red wine as its the last day of my weeks holiday

TijnUK

Well Done! :biggrin: Something to be proud of.

I am doing my first one on 24/4 but in Holland so very flat. I will be joined by my dad who will do his first too and is 70 where as I am only 40. Although being flat I still think it's going to be very tough.
If every thing will go ok I hope to do a 100 mile one here in the UK this year but first things first. :ohmy:

Well done that man :sad:. You've just achieved the goal that I am hoping to complete before the year is out. Epic stuff. I've only managed a 50 miler so far (and that was gruelling) so I've a way to go before I can emulate you. And I see we are of a similar age. There's hope for me yet :ohmy:

trio25

Über Member
Brilliant, it is a bit addictive though and you will be planning your next one.

I like the idea of getting the train somewhere and riding home.

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

Thanx guys . Never felt sore after apart from calf that I mentioned earlier . That is all clear now . Nxt cpl runs I did , only very short ones I felt wee bit tired / lathargic ( oooops spelling ) but nothing bad . Yes already planning my nxt 100 . I,ve used the train a few times fort William. Inverness Elgin etc for some small tours best to book in advance on popular routes cycles free .

Top Bottom