my 1st Century

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by sleekitcollie, 15 Apr 2010.

1. sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie Well-Known Member

i did my 1st 100 mile run today , well 108 miles to be exact ( and those last 8 did hurt:ohmy: lol )
    left the house (winchburgh ) 6am , cycled to inverkeithing and caught the train to dundee , after a big tesco breakfast i cycled home via st andrews , crail , anstruther , ellie etc . right along the fife coast , when i got to rosyth i carried on along the coast via culross to the kincardine brig then grangemouth , polmont ( oh felt the hill from beancross to polmont ) then through linlithgow and back to sunny winchburgh by the bing :rofl:
    108 miles ( 100 exactly from dundee ) cycling time for 100 wa 7hrs 45 min but total time was 10 hrs by the time i stopped for food / rest / photos / lots of toilets lol ,
    really pls to have done my 1st ton , left calf is a wee bit tight but my previous max was 80 miles and most this year b4 today was 70 . anyway its a big milestone for me so pls forgive my excitment in managing to do it ;):biggrin:

2. Noodley

Noodley Guest

well done ;)

100 miles is a 'biggie'

3. Brandane

Brandane Fair weather cyclist.

Well done that man! Especially since you're not far off the same age as myself, and I reckon 50 is hard going ;). Have signed up for "Pedal for Scotland" in September, so am in training for that... Managed 30 odd miles today before a problem with a tyre put a stop to it.

Hopefully I will be on here in the near future announcing the same as you have done today, well done again :rofl:.

4. OP
    OP
    sleekitcollie

cheers guys , hey Brandane , see ur a proff driver as well and ride a tricross . i still recon 50 is tough sometimes .
    i,ve not regestered yet 4 pedal 4 scotland , was hoping to do the 100 mileone but even though i did that 2day not quite sure im up for doing it with a bunch of seasoned cyclists

5. joemaxi

joemaxi New Member

Well done!

What an epic milestone reaching the ton must be! I was out for a "quickie" before work today just pver the water to Kincardine and over the new bridge. It was only 16.5 miles but it was a lovely day so I thought I`d go the long way to work!

Maybe one day I`ll reach that figure.............

6. Brandane

Brandane Fair weather cyclist.

Don't know about "professional driver"!!!!! but yes I get paid to point a Saints lorry in the direction of Aberdeen airport every day (well, 4 on/4 off) out of Glasgow airport. And my Tricross is the poor mans version but I am getting to really enjoy it.. See you are a biker too, I have an old Fazer 600 that gets the occassional outing as well. Off to Aberdeen now, first day back on......

7. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

Congratulations .you only do your first century once so savour the moment .

8. jig-sore

jig-sore Formerly the anorak

im starting to doubt i have what it takes to make it to 100miles, im more of a short to mid distance person, so well done xx(:becool:

9. OP
    OP
    sleekitcollie

thanx guys , jig im sure u will do it i never in a month of sundays thought i,d manage it but hey u never know
    brandane sold my bike in sept as i needed funds , dragstar 1100 , will get another one as soon as i get some cash .
    my legs felt great this morning apart from the outside if my left knee which was sore , my calf was sore from about half way round maby i need to adjust me cleat a wee bit .... wend out this morning on the mountain bike just to the shops and did 8 miles this evening now im away for some red wine as its the last day of my weeks holiday

10. TijnUK

TijnUK New Member

Well Done! :biggrin: Something to be proud of.

I am doing my first one on 24/4 but in Holland so very flat. I will be joined by my dad who will do his first too and is 70 where as I am only 40. Although being flat I still think it's going to be very tough.
    If every thing will go ok I hope to do a 100 mile one here in the UK this year but first things first. :ohmy:

11. BilboSmeggins

BilboSmeggins Über Member

Well done that man :sad:. You've just achieved the goal that I am hoping to complete before the year is out. Epic stuff. I've only managed a 50 miler so far (and that was gruelling) so I've a way to go before I can emulate you. And I see we are of a similar age. There's hope for me yet :ohmy:

12. Stephen-D

Stephen-D New Member

Congrats mate, some nice cycling done there, hope your not to sore :ohmy:

13. trio25

trio25 Über Member

Brilliant, it is a bit addictive though and you will be planning your next one.

I like the idea of getting the train somewhere and riding home.

14. OP
    OP
    sleekitcollie

Thanx guys . Never felt sore after apart from calf that I mentioned earlier . That is all clear now . Nxt cpl runs I did , only very short ones I felt wee bit tired / lathargic ( oooops spelling ) but nothing bad . Yes already planning my nxt 100 . I,ve used the train a few times fort William. Inverness Elgin etc for some small tours best to book in advance on popular routes cycles free .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice