my 1st dartmoor classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclenic

I'm so pleased. Did my first 100k (furstest i've even been, on the dartmoor classic yesterday. It was lovely, but hot.
I managed it in 5 hours 48, which i'm really pleased with. and got a bronze medal for my time!

Yay :sad::bravo:

sarahpink

hey well done, thats fab:biggrin: im hoping to do this next year. someone has posted the route on the garmin edge site so im going to follow it in the next few weeks. well done on the medal too

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Trailed in behind you at 6 hours 11 . Like you my first sportive and the furthest ive been so was really pleased just to finish . And boy was it hot !!!!

2PedalsTez

Über Member
I completed the 100 mile. WOW it was HOT!!
Was my first crack at this one.. Amazing views and actually would take this weather option over any other option (I daren't imagine what it would be like with a breeze up on those moors!).
The organisation of the whole event was truely brilliant with every person involved being really friendly (including all the marshalls). The checkpoints were set up really well (loved the grub!). Never been so glad to see the additional stop point to refill the bottles!
I was amazed at the support this event got from the local population.. again really friendly and to get people cheering you on was a fantastic.
In particular though I have to send my thanks to the lady with the two boys parked up in her Range Rover half way up a hill in the middle of no-where who not only cheered me on, but also refilled my almost empty bottles with water - A life saver.
I said on finishing that I wouldn't be back...
It's amazing what difference a day makes.. See you all next year!

iGaz

2PedalsTez said:
I completed the 100 mile. WOW it was HOT!!
Was my first crack at this one.. Amazing views and actually would take this weather option over any other option (I daren't imagine what it would be like with a breeze up on those moors!).
The organisation of the whole event was truely brilliant with every person involved being really friendly (including all the marshalls). The checkpoints were set up really well (loved the grub!). Never been so glad to see the additional stop point to refill the bottles!
I was amazed at the support this event got from the local population.. again really friendly and to get people cheering you on was a fantastic.
In particular though I have to send my thanks to the lady with the two boys parked up in her Range Rover half way up a hill in the middle of no-where who not only cheered me on, but also refilled my almost empty bottles with water - A life saver.
I said on finishing that I wouldn't be back...
It's amazing what difference a day makes.. See you all next year!

I'll second that, I went round the 105.4 miles in a little over 6 hours 30 minutes!! Going to do the Pendragon Dartmoor ride in September!!

My ride details here,,,,

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38351856

Fattman

iGaz said:
I'll second that, I went round the 105.4 miles in a little over 6 hours 30 minutes!!

Hey, me too! Well done us!!

Congratulations to everyone who finished this - I thought it was a cracking ride, proper hot and testing.

I did it last year in just shy of 8 hours, this year 6:33 - I never thought I'd achieve a gold medal in a sportive but I guess it shows if you work hard and aren't afraid to suck wheels for all they're worth :rolleyes: you can achieve anything.

I particularly take my hat off to those who perhaps, well, don't have so many miles in their legs and do this sort of ride for charity, for themselves or for whatever reason - I always feel their achievement is of a different order. So to them I say Chapeau!

OP
OP
cyclenic

cyclenic

Did you see the photo's are up?

Top Bottom