My 1st ride club ride...in many years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phyllosc

After a few months of building up my miles and stamina I took the plunge today and met up with my local club - Plomesgate CC. It seemed to be a hybrid of Plomesgate riders and Wolsey Road Club. I opted for the slower ride thinking the others looked a bit too lean, mean and keen. I might have lost 12 kilos since returning to cycling but I've got plenty more to shed and the fast group, well, looked like they'd live up to their name!

That said, the slow group didn't hang about. It was a great ride along beautiful Suffolk roads with the sun shining throughout. But a keen SW wind kept reminding me that this was 'training' and not a nature ramble! I completed 44 miles, which is the longest I've done since beginning my come-back. My legs were tired but my head was buzzing. I really enjoyed it and already looking forward to doing it again.

davdandy

Glad you enjoyed it Phyllosc

young Ed

Veteran
glad to hear you liked it. and well done on the 44 miles, that's a long way!

i once did a single club run, ended up about 88 miles for me that day i believe but whilst it was ok and fun i'm not sure i would run back in a hurry to do it again. it was hard work and i'm not sure i really liked the attitude whilst riding although as i say it was still enjoyable
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1st club run of th year for me too, legs died on the last hill and i feel like i over tight compression leggings on now ............

Well done !
And the definition of fast and slow varies from club to club , who turns up that week and how it compares to what you call fast , today i did 56 and averaged 17.5 mph including some parts of cannock chase in the medium group which was enough for my current level of fitness.

Top Bottom