My 2018 Wilier Zero6 Renewed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DogmaStu

I was fortunate enough to acquire a lovely light weight special bike in early 2019 at a massively discounted price.

A 2018 bike, it is in a size S and because of its, at the time, light weight, the bike and rider had to be combined 75kg max for the Warranty.

It’s rim brake and adorned with Sram Red eTap.

It has done over 30 000km since new and upgrades included a pair of Zipp 303 Firecrest wheels and a Selle Italia SLR Carbonio Flow saddle.

We have been through a lot together, many a long day out, racing, everything. It’s my Keeper bike, never to be sold. My newer bikes can never replace it.

I was parted with it for nearly a year when it was in storage after I returned to the UK from abroad but we were reunited last week.

This week I fitted new Hunt 32 UD Ceramic wheels, Extralite chainrings, chain, cassette, Hope jockey wheels, new eTap batteries and only new bar tape now to go.

At 6.1kg, including Wahoo powermeter pedals and bottle cages, it is a very light bike and could easily be made lighter still.

As it happens, it’ll be getting mudguards fitted soon to be ready for Winter bike duty! It’ll still weigh less than 6.6kg even once they are on. 😃

IMG_1969.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1975.jpeg
    IMG_1975.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1971.jpeg
    IMG_1971.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1981.jpeg
    IMG_1981.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1979.jpeg
    IMG_1979.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 16

AndyRM

XOXO
That's absolutely stunning. Wow.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Winter bike!!!!? :eek:

I made the mistake of riding my best bike one winter and wore half the front rim away by the following spring. (If you don't live somewhere hilly, you might not do a lot of braking down steep, gritty roads but I don't have much choice unless I stick to busy valley A-roads.)

OP
OP
DogmaStu

DogmaStu

Looks great but fragile.

Amazingly, this is the bike I had a racing incident upon at over 50km/h on rough tarmac. The rear mech still shows the battle scars from bouncing along the road when the chain came off and I went over the handlebars...

Not even a scratch on the frame or fork. No paint to scratch though! :laugh: Still, it was unscathed. I've come off that bike 3x over the years in sprint shenanigans.

It's why it's a keeper for me. We've been through a lot. Survived.

OP
OP
DogmaStu

DogmaStu

I made the mistake of riding my best bike one winter and wore half the front rim away by the following spring. (If you don't live somewhere hilly, you might not do a lot of braking down steep, gritty roads but I don't have much choice unless I stick to busy valley A-roads.)

It’s my oldest bike currently so default for Winter road but only on the better days - I have a gravel bike and MTB for the wetter days and an indoor set up too to save them all from the worst weather.

I am extremely lucky to have a great selection at present.

All my bikes mean a lot to me, all have a wonderful recent History already.

591F6FBF-2102-4131-A6F5-B99881ADE8CB.jpeg

5CFEFBC4-A940-4ADD-8712-B7E1F331DC63.jpeg

D22CE64A-F532-41B1-8359-F597E9F02EAA.jpeg

C642CAAA-F292-4EB0-83BF-75DA6C83571D.jpeg

Top Bottom