My 3 year old has cancer, and what I'm going to do about it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Just a final message to say that we completed the 260 Miles ride on Monday 17th September, and I have just arrived back in England.

A very cheesy picture of us in the charity T-Shirts:
A3AndVdCEAAPsux.jpg

There are more + GPS positioning of where they were taken on my Twitter page https://twitter.com/JamesLyne1
The trip was pretty hard going especially on the Friday where we were cycling directly into very strong winds and rain (The winds were seen to be blowing trees down around the Denmark). So it was hard work, but we managed to crack it ok.

So, Thanks again for those of you that have sponsored me. We are around £250 off £10,000.

I found the advice I received on this forum and Bike Radar invaluable so thanks for that. Particularly the advice about the saddles, clothing and tyres.

thanks again

:bravo:Well done good to hear you completed it ok

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Just a final message to say that we completed the 260 Miles ride on Monday 17th September, and I have just arrived back in England.

A very cheesy picture of us in the charity T-Shirts:
A3AndVdCEAAPsux.jpg

There are more + GPS positioning of where they were taken on my Twitter page https://twitter.com/JamesLyne1
The trip was pretty hard going especially on the Friday where we were cycling directly into very strong winds and rain (The winds were seen to be blowing trees down around Denmark). So it was hard work, but we managed to crack it ok.

So, Thanks again for those of you that have sponsored me. We are around £250 off £10,000.

I found the advice I received on this forum and Bike Radar invaluable so thanks for that. Particularly the advice about the saddles, clothing and tyres.

thanks again

Well done !!! :thumbsup:

Nearly £10,000 is a very impressive amount to raise and will certainly be a significant help in treating blood cancers.

Go to the pub and have a pint :cheers:, in the satisfaction of having done a 'good job' !

Robson3022

Amazing what a small body can fight through! Well done on the ride an amazing amount of money raised. Just read the whole thing and he looks amazing I'm sure your very proud of him and him I you!!

Well done

Brandane

Legendary Member
So sorry to hear this. Especially when the most recent reports seemed to be so positive. I don't shed tears easily, but felt myself welling up when I read this. Although I don't know the family personally, I feel a connection through the progress reports on this site. If I feel this way, then I can only imagine what James' family are going through. Deepest sympathies.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
:sad: Very sad indeed !

I feel deeply sorry for all those affected by this; Big Jim has worked so very hard and continues to do so - raising money to support the Hospital Charity for where William was treated. People such as Big Jim, certainly make the world seem a better place.

adamangler

Veteran
Terrible news. brought a tear to my eye too. having kids myself i can only begin to imagine...
made a small donation, goodluck with future fundraising.

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Searching for something else on this site, i stumbled upon this and wondered how little William is doing. It's not my place (I have no connection with the family, just found this thread), but the people who supported James with this would probably like to know. William died a few weeks ago.

http://www.justgiving.com/wjl

His father is still working on fundraising and I've just made a small donation.
Thanks for the mention.

Unfortunately he passed away on 11/11. He just suddenly relapsed. It was fast and aggressive (2 weeks in total) and pretty traumatic watching him die. I mean, we were there 24/7 in his hospital room at the Marsden watching it happen. I think, the problem was that he had a Cancer that there is no known cure for. This is why I'm so pro-research when it comes to medical conditions.

:'(

We're walking the Marsden March this March coming to give the hospital our support. They really are a world class hospital and looked after us very well over the past 2 years.

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

thanks also for the kind messages and donations. that's really good of everyone :smile:

Just need to do another bike ride at some point.

Icey

My father passed away fairly recently having had AML so not yet managed to read all the thread. I will be wishing for good weather for when you do your walk, donation made.

Top Bottom