My 3 year old has cancer, and what I'm going to do about it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Hahaha yes it is shocking - it's not just the illness itself but everything that comes with it.

Yes, for sure and this is exactly why research is so important. The treatment, though it works, is extremely toxic and can cause all sorts of side effects. I mean chemo is basically mustard gas pumped into the veins.
What I yearn for (and what drives me) is an oral drug to cure this diease that won't need such treatment. I'm sure the brains who are researching this, and looking further into these cells can achieve this in time. Then hopefully the treatment william is having as we speak will be outdated by a non-intrusive medicine.

here's a picture from today with some new toys. You can see the weight loss, but also the improvement in how he looks.
Au8qhNrCQAE8zef.jpg
[/quote]

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

[QUOTE 1883160, member: 45"]That's a really good pic to see Jim. Much better than the one you posted last week. Good to see him smiling.[/quote]
I think the past picture shows the sort of thing they go through with this sort of treatment. It was horrible to see him like that and again highlights the need to find a less intrusive cure than BMT's. :sad:

It's good to see how much he's improved and how the drugs and the way they've managed him at the Marsden has worked thus far.

Hopefully they'll be home soon

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Getting better daily. Still has an iffy stomach, but slowly improving for sure.

Picture is a little blurred.
AvGvpNOCQAA3kGk.jpg

rusky

CC Addict
He's looking much better!

I see he's giving the "why did daddy draw a green phallus on my picture" look ^_^

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Even better still today and dr's continuing to ween off drugs. There's talk of home leave this weekend - which is first step to being discharged. Fingers crossed the progress continues. :smile:

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Nice to see things picking up for you.... Donation made...
Thank you Nick, very much appreciated :smile:

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Currently the plan is, home leave this weekend. then if he's well on monday, he'll be discharged.
All this can change at a moments notice with a fevers, but so far, very good.

Today he's started eating again which is another bonus :smile:

Oh wow - that is good news. Very, very happy for you all. Hey - I know it ain't over yet; aye, the next few days could well be the hardest for you and his mum ....... but it's a huge step. :smile:

Look after him ... and each other. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom