My aching legs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
domtyler said:
Wrong again, the carbs in a Mars are no better or worse than any other. As a so-called scientist you should know that glucose is the same however it is delivered!

Who is taking about glucose. Do you not realise that there are more complex carbohydrates that are much less harmful to ones body? Fruit sugars for instance? (This is not my field I should add!)

Anyway mars bars also contain other things apart from glucose, them be fats in there as well I believe....

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
You are right. No real harm except to your wallet! (Actually I have vague recollections of a condition where excess protein can be a problem...)

You will not bulk up just by eating protein. Honest you won't! Can I hazard a guess that you were doing some form of exercise at the time that might have accounted for your bulking up?:evil:

Actually protein is converted to fat if not needed so you will bulk up, just not in the desired way. As I mentioned in my first post I was doing lots of training at the time, I believe that if I had not supplemented then I would have had a deficiency, even as someone who has plenty of meat in my normal diet.

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Who is taking about glucose. Do you not realise that there are more complex carbohydrates that are much less harmful to ones body? Fruit sugars for instance? (This is not my field I should add!)

Anyway mars bars also contain other things apart from glucose, them be fats in there as well I believe....

When you are engaging in hard exercise simple carbs are fine to eat.

domtyler said:
Actually protein is converted to fat if not needed so you will bulk up, just not in the desired way. As I mentioned in my first post I was doing lots of training at the time, I believe that if I had not supplemented then I would have had a deficiency, even as someone who has plenty of meat in my normal diet.

I was assuming when you said bulk up that you meant muscle!

I think we will need to agree to disagree on this one. I can't remember, is this the first time we have disagreed.....? :evil::wacko:

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Is a mars bar just a simple carb?

Ingredients:

*Milk chocolate
*Glucose syrup
*Sugar
*Hydrogenated vegetable fat
*Skimmed milk powder
*Fat reduced cocoa
*Lactose
*Milk fat
*Malt extract
*Salt
*Whey powder
*Egg white
*Milk protein
*Flavouring

Nutritional Information:
(per 100 grammes)

449 CALS
4.2g PROTEIN
69g CARBO
17.4g FAT

That makes it almost seventy percent sugars/carbs, only seventeen percent fat. If you were about to go for a twenty mile cycle ride or a five mile run it would certainly not do you much harm.

Oops we replied at the same time!

Did you go and buy a mars bar especially just to answer my question?

You will have to eat it now!

Maniac.......:evil::wacko:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Quetsion? The Mars Bar question?

I like bananas and full fat milk.
When I've been doing regular runs or commutes I get manic salt cravings and tend to eat accordingly, the more cycling, the more food.

Sorry if I'm not making sense, I'm a little 'Cab-addled' dontcha know.

T x

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
domtyler said:
Ingredients:

*Milk chocolate
*Glucose syrup
*Sugar
*Hydrogenated vegetable fat
*Skimmed milk powder
*Fat reduced cocoa
*Lactose
*Milk fat
*Malt extract
*Salt
*Whey powder
*Egg white
*Milk protein
*Flavouring

Nutritional Information:
(per 100 grammes)

449 CALS
4.2g PROTEIN
69g CARBO
17.4g FAT

That makes it almost seventy percent sugars/carbs, only seventeen percent fat. If you were about to go for a twenty mile cycle ride or a five mile run it would certainly not do you much harm.

The Hydrogenated vegetable fat is actually very bad for you and should be avoided.

Top Bottom