My apologies to the cyclist...

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Location
Watford
...that I called a tit this morning. ;)

I mistakenly presumed that you had jumped the red light when indeed the lights for the junction were not functioning. I had a near miss with a RLJ at the junction recently and was concentrating on why the cab in front of me was braking sharply. My brain had registered that the lights were not on red or going red and my view of the lights out sign was obscured.

It was only when I reviewed the cam footage that I discovered the lights were none functional and that I unjustly berated you.

Sorry.

Abs
 
Happens...I had a go at a cyclist yesterday and I regretted it....I shouldn't have.
 

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Location
South London
Oops! I've done similar, made a mobile phone sign to a driver (fist, baby finger and thumb extended) who wasn't actually on the phone and had to apologise, LOL!
 

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Location
Manchester, UK
BentMikey said:
Oops! I've done similar, made a mobile phone sign to a driver (fist, baby finger and thumb extended) who wasn't actually on the phone and had to apologise, LOL!
Lol - I did that thing whereby you start making a signal, and then end up scratching your head as you realise you are mistaken.... did that (very smoothly) as a Land Rover driver went past who was rubbing his ear... don't think he noticed me though. ;):wacko:
 
BentMikey said:
Oops! I've done similar, made a mobile phone sign to a driver (fist, baby finger and thumb extended) who wasn't actually on the phone and had to apologise, LOL!
Folk make mistakes. Did you see that old police clip when the police are following a car that was driving slightly erratically and the driver was pictured clearly holding their phone to their ear. When they stopped him the found out it was a left hand drive and the bloke was actually the passenger. The slight erratic driving was because they were lost.;)
 

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
hackbike 666 said:
I shouldn't have.
regretted it, or had a go?

HaloJ, the fact that you reviewed your footage and felt daft enough (about it) to start a thread shows that you are not in the practice of acting like a numpty.

Consider your hail marys complete, go in peace my child;)
 

battered

Guru
HLaB said:
Folk make mistakes. Did you see that old police clip when the police are following a car that was driving slightly erratically and the driver was pictured clearly holding their phone to their ear. When they stopped him the found out it was a left hand drive and the bloke was actually the passenger. The slight erratic driving was because they were lost.;)
Reminds me of a Benard Manning gag, at the time he had a big American barge of a car and was pulled over late at night after a gig. Copper says "have you been drinking Sir?" "Yes Officer, a few pints." He duly blows in the bag, fails the test and the copper starts with the caution and arrest. "Yes officer, I do have something to say. I have indeed been drinking but this is a left hand drive motor car and I'm the passenger. The driver is on the OTHER side of the car, he's my chauffeur and I think you'll find that, unlike me, he hasn't been drinking. Now do feel free to breathalyse him if you wish, but with all due respect I think you're wasting your time with me."
 

Norm

Guest
battered said:
"... but with all due respect I think you're wasting your time with me."
Yeah, like Bernard Manning would have phrased it like that to a cop when he was drunk. :laugh:
 

Number14

Veteran
Location
Fareham
HaloJ said:
...that I called a tit this morning. :laugh:

I mistakenly presumed that you had jumped the red light when indeed the lights for the junction were not functioning. I had a near miss with a RLJ at the junction recently and was concentrating on why the cab in front of me was braking sharply. My brain had registered that the lights were not on red or going red and my view of the lights out sign was obscured.

It was only when I reviewed the cam footage that I discovered the lights were none functional and that I unjustly berated you.

Sorry.

Abs
The red mist ....

Is this the start of cycle rage ? :laugh::ohmy::ohmy:
 
jonny jeez said:
regretted it, or had a go?

HaloJ, the fact that you reviewed your footage and felt daft enough (about it) to start a thread shows that you are not in the practice of acting like a numpty.

Consider your hail marys complete, go in peace my child;)
It wasn't really needed.I know I was annoyed but it's not the worst thing I have seen....He pulled too far up from the lights at Bank so he couldn't see them change...He delayed me as I had a plan of how to get over the junction...Had to change it as I was stuck behind him also when he was faffing about clipping himself in...
 
Top Bottom