my bicycle touring videos about great, paved ascents in the Alps, Pyrenees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gyorgyigabor

Hello !

I edited a best of video about my bicycletour that I had this summer in the Alps (1828 kms + 39441 m ) . This video contains not all of the climbs that I cycled but the most beautiful ones or most memorable ones. The following clmbs can be seen for few dozen seconds or for a minute:
Passo Mortirlo, Gavia, Umbrail, Passo dello Stelvio , Forcola di Livigno , Passo dello Spluga , Juf , Oberalppass , Sustenpass (in rain + 3 degrees Celsius) , Triftalp ( 2090 m) , Moosalp (Stalden side along the vertical rockwall ) , Simplonpass , Colle Fauniera (partly above clouds) , Usseglio - Alpe Bessanetto climb (with chamois !!! ) , Col des Gondrans, La Bergerie du Bois Noir (2009 m), Col du Granon, Sestriere

In the following weeks I will edit new videos about each day (1st: Granon, then La Bergerie du Bois Noir) to have videos (in my collection) about all of the paved climbs finishing above 2000 m in the French Alps.

Have pleasure with the video !
(In few months time I plan to write a travelogue too)

List of the climbs that I cycled in the Alps, Pyrenees, Andalucia & canary islands ; it contains the url-s of y videos about them:
http://gyorgyigabor.hu/GYG_osszes_hago.php

/I started a facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/cycling.high - with posts in Hungarian & in English ) where I will post infos, photos, videos about my tours, experiences (more than 30.000 kms in the Alps, Pyrenées, canary islands & Andalucia) ... about cycling high .. and plan an article or list / collection about the most wonderful paved climbs (finishing above 2000 m) of the Alps, Pyrenées, Canary islands & Andalucia (I haven't visited there Calar Alto 2 years ago I had not enough time for that)

Best regards,
Gábor

Angry Blonde

Über Member
WOW man, you have just decided where im going in three or four years time when i get fit !

Beautiful video mate

OP
OP
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

The following videos are:

1. This is a hardly known ascent in France: la Bergerie du Bois Noir (2010 m).
The ascent's light section started at Guillestre. I started to cycle the same road that goes to Col d'Izoard, but after the canyon I had to turn right to Ceillac and the ascent's last section was a very calm valley with a stream and with a strange part when ca 30 m long the water came out of the ground and fell down to the stream ....
The paved road finished at 2010 m. I loved this climb ! It's worth visiting !

And in the afternoon I had the another one:

This is the last video I missed to have all videos about the asphalted climbs going above 2000 m in the French Alps. (In the following post I will show that list / collection with photos and videos )
Col du Granon is a steep (9,2% for 1053 m heightdiff. --> so it's harder than the ascent of Alpe d'Huez) and wonderful climb; one of my favourite ascents. 80% of the ascent is a panoramic road and there is almost no traffic: I met ca. 2-3 vehicles during the climb.
Up to now I visited twice and both occasions I rode it in sunny weather.
Have pleasure with the - I think : great - video

Have pleasure with it and thanks for enjoying it
smile.gif

Best regards, Gábor

/ After cycling 40.000kms abroad I started a facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/cycling.high ) where I will post infos, photos, videos about my tours, experiences (more than 30.000 kms in the Alps, Pyrenées, canary islands & Andalucia) ... about cycling high .. and plan an article or list / collection about the most wonderful paved climbs (finishing above 2000 m) of the Alps, Pyrenées, Canary islands & Andalucia /

Smithy

Veteran
Great vids, I'm looking at going over Tourmalet next year when I go from Calias down to the Costa Del Sol.

Have done it already by car (2011) and it's a great view from the top,

OP
OP
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

Thanks for your opinion :smile:

I'm happy to share another cycling video about an alpine ascent: Sölden - Hochsölden (2089 m). After this I miss only 1 in Austria that goes above 2000 m and I have no video about that. But only for few days....

It is situated in Tirol, Austria, just next to the famous ascent of Ötztaler gletscherstrasse (2829 m).
It is 6,3 km long wth 10,4% avg. steepness. At the end of the climb, Hochsölden there is great, panoramic meadow with a restaurant and a playground for the children. It is an ideal place for the family too.
Thanks for watching the video :smile:

Gabor

OP
OP
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

Hello !

I've just edited a video - could be called as best of video of my bicycletours happend between the years 2010-2015, but it is also a great video for an indoor cycling training (a total workout - 54 min long.)

This is a video compilation with music, so this video can be used for a spinning training. A lot of wonderful ascents, landscapes can be watched in the video where I cycled in the last 5 years. It was recorded in the Alps, Pyrénées, Andalucia (Costa del Sol + Sierra Nevada). Few climbs that appear in the video: Mont Ventoux, Passo di Gavia, Bonette, Galibier, there are ascents that hadn't been filmed was rarely filmed ( Dürrboden), Col de la Core, Peyresourde, Ordesa National park in the Pyrénées, Pico Veleta (3394 m) in Andalucia. Few minutes about famous cycling challenges can be seen too: Monte Grappa challenge (261 km + 7241 m), Ötztaler radmarathon (228 km + 5500 m), Valtellina Extreme brevet (345 km + 8998 m). Have pleasure with the video & thanks for watching !

Best regards, Gabor

OP
OP
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

Hello !
Bielerhöhe (2032 m) is situated at the border of the austrian Tirol and Vorarlberg; this is the highest point of the Silvretta high alpine road. Its eastern side is a long, easy climb: totally 42 kms, but ca. 35 kms of it are not too steep. This alpine road is mainly known / famous about it western side with a lot of serpentine bends - that's why motorbikers love that. That's why cyclist has to accept the several motorbikers and their noise there.
The Vorarlberg side offers a long section of bicycleroad in the valley. ]I the year 2006 I climbed the eastern side and than in 2013 I visited the western side with a full HD videocamra with me.
smile.gif

THis video was recorded that time. The video contains a 2 minutes long part about a girl who climbed a hard training rockwall ("more than vertical") along the bicycle path.
Have pleasure with the video ; I hope You will enjoy it too ! :smile:

Best regards,
Gabor

OP
OP
gyorgyigabor

gyorgyigabor

Hello !
I'm happy to present another compilation / best of video about another great bicycletour in the French Alps with several legendary climbs, ascents. The tour happaned in the year 2011.
After the first 2 days (in Italy ) I cycled in France and visited famous, Tour de France cols, climbs, like Bonette (2802 m), Col d'Izoard (2360 m), Alpe d'Huez, Col du Galibier (2645 m), Col de l'Iseran (2770 m), but few hardly known ones, like Parking du Laus, Le Saut, Plan de Lac (2360 m) - one of my favourite. On the climb of Col de la Lombarde I saw chamois, unfortunately only for few seconds, but in the year 2014 on a hardly known italian ascent (will be presented in few weeks time smile hangulatjel ) offered me the opportunity to record 2 chamoises for video for ca. 1 min long. At La Bonette (2802 m) I got the best amazing weather that I could: sunshine with very small clouds, cumuluses.

Have pleasure with the video and thanks for watching :smile:

Gabor
www.facebook.com/cycling.high

Top Bottom