My bike has been nicked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Try one of these,wired to the handle. With the correct sign in place there is little anyone can say about it being illegal.
Going out with the pick-axe handle (dry piece of wood needed to knock his hand of the handle) at two in the morning after the police had arrived was satisfying in itself

T

Trillian

Night Train said:
Bastards!
Makes it so tempting, though illegal, to wire the bike to the mains for the night.

prove to me its illegal

put a danger of death sign on the door
its your personal property, they have broken and entered despite warning

more warning than you get with electric fences on a walk.

summerdays said:
Thank sounds well protected..... I don't think my shed is anywhere near that well protected. On the other hand when a policeman came round checking houses for security, he told me off for leaving a fork in the garden. I told him it went in the shed at night time.... he replied "what shed?" He gave it 11/10 for not being obvious. It is diguised under a clematis so even some of my neighbours don't realise its there... not on purpose just my type of gardening.

I noticed the shed hidden under your clematis Summerdays. Do I win five pounds?

catwoman

Bad luck. I treated myself to a new bike a few years back and it was practically snatched out of my hands by a thief. He got away with it too. :biggrin:
I went back to my old bike (bashed-up and chipped paintwork, uncool and not so desirable to low lifes) and haven't bothered with another new one since.
Sympathy to you.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
mickle said:
I noticed the shed hidden under your clematis Summerdays. Do I win five pounds?

Just shows that you are more observent (mental spelling block there), than Mr PC. I have to admit its getting more and more obscured by the day.... I get a soaking getting to the door to get out my bike:smile: after its rained.

OP
OP
T

terry huckle

Tetedelacourse

Yes, insured under a section on the schedule under Pedal Cycles, with an excess of £50

Trillian

no one will insure my road bike ;)

going with depreciation on a bike from the 60's means its not worth bothering :smile:

col

Legendary Member
Its crap when this happens,i had two taken a long time ago from my shed,the insurance were trying to point me to halford and vouchers even then,but i to;ld them ill have the money so i can get what i want,i included all locks,tools(in the saddle bag)lights, computer ,pump ect,and recieved nearly £1000.I had new for old on my house insurance,they also pointed out if the shed hadnt been locked i would have got nothing.Be firm and dont let them dictate,its your insurance and you have a say in how you replace it.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Thats a real shame, hope your back on the road again soon!

I do worry about my bike or bikes being nicked. I have three locks on the door, with two bike locks tied together around the bikes(i can sleep better after doing that)...if someone does manage to break into the shed they will be in for a nasty surprise, when they see the locks on the bike ;)

OP
OP
T

terry huckle

Again, thanks for the support

I`ve upgraded the security on the shed....including tamper proof screws on the hinges. A bit of overkill probably, as all the screw holes on hinges and straps have now got them in. Plus a few other measures as well.

Top Bottom