My bivvy on the South Downs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maurice

Sunny weekend, bikes, bivvy bags and the South Downs equals the following...

Setting out
IMG_1064sm.jpg

Sunset
IMG_1070sm.jpg

Bivvy/tarp setup
IMG_1088sm.jpg

Morning wake-up views
IMG_1120sm.jpg

IMG_1113sm.jpg

IMG_1122sm.jpg

Pretty awesome sleeping under the stars and waking up above the clouds.

Leaving bivvy site
IMG_1130sm.jpg

trio25

Über Member
Looks great, I really want to go bivvying at some point. I now have a bivvy so its just time and weather that I am waiting for.

A picture paints a thousand words.

Love the way you've got the tarp setup. Was it cold at night this time of year?

OP
OP
M

maurice

Thanks.

It's getting nippier, but once in your sleeping bag it's fine. My down bag was actually a bit warm, I had to take my fleece off as I was overheating in there.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Wow :biggrin: thanks for sharing those, they're really lovely pictures.

A mate of mine was on about doing this only yesterday, I've sent him the link to this, he'll really appreciate it :ohmy:

You wouldn't think for a moment that those views can be found in the South east :smile:

OP
OP
M

maurice

Thanks everyone!

It was a very memorable weekend and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, it was one of those where everything went right and just clicked.

OP
OP
M

maurice

Our shelter was held up by the bikes, so we were hoping one of us would notice if someone let it down.

We weren't really noticeable until sunrise, when we were drifting in and out of sleep, so it wasn't too big of a window in which they could have got taken.

Used the old bivvy principle of "arrive late, leave early".

GilesM

Legendary Member
Looks perfect, hopefully that's the motivation I need to do something similar, but as I live in Scotland, I may chicken out and wait until next spring.

Giles

AndyM78

I love being out first thing, makes you feel kinda smug that all the lazy people are missing out! Top pics by the way, i'm hoping to bivvy round the isle of wight before winter really arrives!!

Top Bottom