My BSA Javelin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
WD40 and steel wool, comes off a treat, there was some deep rusting that just refused to come off, but it was fine.

Autosol metal polish and very fine emery works better...

I remembered!

06092010021.jpg

It's now p*ncture less!

The bike I got handed down from my brother...

Then I got given the frameset of an old Viscount Aerospace and built it up. The Viscount passed over a long time ago but the Javelin is still in the back of the shed...

Good to see it!

Great to see this old bike once again fit for the road and using traditional methods to ! ( spoons) Did you get the traditional clout round the head when you sneaked all the spoons back bent and battered ?

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Great memories of mates BSAs form the 70s, I remember the black forks... its all coming back. Great to see one of these again.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
But still, is there any specific type of grease to get for the Courier??

I have already bought some old 'new' drop handlebars* cheaply off ebay, mainly for the slightly retro brake levers (they have two handles with the second running paralel with the main central bit of the handlebars, so you can have your hands in more than one position when using them, and I've seen pictures of them on here before). I am now looking for a new set of wheels, but I have so far managed to upset my Dad after I took off the luggage rack as I didn't tell him first! (Taking that rack off was the very first thing I did, and to be honest, the bike looks about 10 times better for it!).

Thanks.

* - The Courier currently has 'normal' straight handlebars, so this is a real leap of faith for me changing them, but hey, the drops WERE cheap, and are old themselves anyway, so if it doesn't work out, it won't be the end of the world.

Top Bottom