My cholesterol level for 2011 is..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paladin - York

..........5.2 mmol/l. This is a marginal improvement on 2010 which was 5.3 ie 1.9%. Unfortunately, for some reason, my LDL & HDL readings didn't come back so I have no way of knowing what my TC/HDL ratio is. However, I wasn't summoned to the "docs" as this reading is classed as "normal" for the UK, I understand that the Chinese average is somewhere just above 3.0 mmol/l? I dread to think what the reading would be if I ate all that I like. It's about now when I think I should refrain from the excesses and head in the direction of moderation - easier said than done when there is so much "pie talk" on here. I have been told of course that whatever the reading it doesn't stop you "keeling over" in the saddle at anytime.

My conclusion: Carry on regardless.

Hip Priest

Veteran
5.2 is fine. I have FH and mine was 13.5 before I got diagnosed! My mother's was 17. Mine's now a lower-than-average 4.2, thanks to the drugs.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
You've little to worry about, I'm around 5.5 and that's with a daily dose of 2 types of statins....
I used to be in double figures ... had a stent at 42.
Enjoy your good health.

OP
OP
Paladin - York

Paladin - York

To HP & FF

Long may you keep those levels where they are.

While walking around York this morning I weakened for a pork pie in the Shambles - probably over a 100 right now!

Good Health!

Top Bottom