My closest shave so far .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
On the A24 Bear green roundabout . I got caught out as each lane turns into a filter lane . I had got myself into the middle lane as I could see the first lane was a filter but by the time I saw the second lane was also filtering and signalled to keep going right a range rover that was in the outside lane veered across in front of me :eek:
I have no idea how I didn't face plant the rear door or how I managed to skid the bike around so I was in line with it rather than heading for it . If I had stuck my tongue out I could have licked the paint work :stop:
I just looked on Strava to get the location details and you can see where I took a little detour down the A24 and then got off and walked across the island .
http://app.strava.com/activities/137305704/segments/3112897381
I guess its a case of both in the wrong lane but only one of us gave a shoot about it :eek:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I truly hate Filter lanes ,, that's why i tend to stick to country lanes and also go early in the morning.

When you got so close you could lick it , did you use the opportunity to slap a cyclechat sticker on it.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Close one. Glad to see you are OK, at least to tell.

I had a near miss yesterday with a Range Rover, it came out of the drive and stopped so I thought the driver had seen me so I could carry on but then the vehicle moved on forcing me to brake and swerve / skid at the last second. My rear wheel was touching the front wheel of the vehicle by the time I stopped.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Close one. Glad to see you are OK, at least to tell.

I had a near miss yesterday with a Range Rover, it came out of the drive and stopped so I thought the driver had seen me so I could carry on but then the vehicle moved on forcing me to brake and swerve / skid at the last second. My rear wheel was touching the front wheel of the vehicle by the time I stopped.
I bet my skid marks where bigger than yours :laugh:
Its a massive wake up call when it happens though isn't it . You can be the best in the world but it only takes one person in a car to take you out big time !
I was thinking about this today and I'm not sure I was in the wrong place .
When things are that close it plays on your mind . Not in a "what if" way but in a "how did I get away with that one" way .

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I was apparently an "impatient twat" for not giving way to someone trying the same manoeuvre on me. He must have been in a hurry, as he close passed me to get into the line of traffic waiting just round the corner, alongside the empty bus/cycle lane along which I made my merry way. Poor lamb.
His blood pressure must be terrible.

Top Bottom