My commute to work

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Iainj837, 16 Jul 2012.

1. Iainj837

Iainj837 Über Member

Last Monday going to work, I was coming up to a roundabout I was in the correct lane and it was my right of way I signalled for the 2nd exit off the roundabout when a car drove out in front of me.
    I was able to avoid his/her car by inches
    didn't slow down to see if i was ok Bl++dy Muppet

2. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

My condoliances: I don't have a roundabout on my commute, but get shoved into potholes by black taxis quite often :B)

3. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Sits with tea and a biscuit awaiting the highway code police jumping in to arrest a post for using " right of way" in place of "priority"

Heh

400bhp and Pat "5mph" like this.
  4. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

had to ride on a main road for about quarter of a mile on sunday leading the land lady of a local pub,i had indicated right at a staggered cross roads and so did my ride partner ,i was round the junction looked round to see a car going to over take the car that had slowed up behind my partner,to say I had my heart in my mouth was a under statement,the overtaking car was seconds from hitting her,as you say what a muppet:headshake:

5. I'd always thought it was that way round i.e. R.O.W. instead of priority, does this mean I'll be burnt at the stake? :hungry:

6. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Apparently not!

It is commonly referred to as ROW but is allegedly stated on the ACOP as Priority.
    I am sure one of the legal police bods will put it right as I am too tired and off to yet another meeting. (three back-to-back until 5.00!)

7. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

As I understand it, right of way simply means you have the right to be there (such as public right of way on a bridlepath).
    When you're discussing who ought to give way to whom, priority is the more accurate term - but everyone will know what you mean if you say right of way in that situation, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

TonyEnjoyD likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Iainj837

Iainj837 Über Member

Phew, don't fancy being burnt @ the stake lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice