My commute to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last Monday going to work, I was coming up to a roundabout I was in the correct lane and it was my right of way I signalled for the 2nd exit off the roundabout when a car drove out in front of me.
I was able to avoid his/her car by inches
didn't slow down to see if i was ok Bl++dy Muppet

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My condoliances: I don't have a roundabout on my commute, but get shoved into potholes by black taxis quite often :B)

Last Monday going to work, I was coming up to a roundabout I was in the correct lane and it was my right of way I signalled for the 2nd exit off the roundabout when a car drove out in front of me.
I was able to avoid his/her car by inches
didn't slow down to see if i was ok Bl++dy Muppet

Sits with tea and a biscuit awaiting the highway code police jumping in to arrest a post for using " right of way" in place of "priority"

Heh

Berties

Fast and careful!
had to ride on a main road for about quarter of a mile on sunday leading the land lady of a local pub,i had indicated right at a staggered cross roads and so did my ride partner ,i was round the junction looked round to see a car going to over take the car that had slowed up behind my partner,to say I had my heart in my mouth was a under statement,the overtaking car was seconds from hitting her,as you say what a muppet:headshake:

I'd always thought it was that way round i.e. R.O.W. instead of priority, does this mean I'll be burnt at the stake? :hungry:
Apparently not!

It is commonly referred to as ROW but is allegedly stated on the ACOP as Priority.
I am sure one of the legal police bods will put it right as I am too tired and off to yet another meeting. (three back-to-back until 5.00!)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
As I understand it, right of way simply means you have the right to be there (such as public right of way on a bridlepath).
When you're discussing who ought to give way to whom, priority is the more accurate term - but everyone will know what you mean if you say right of way in that situation, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Top Bottom