My cyclocross ambition by Palinurus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
My dismounts are fine, I can get off that sucker really fast.

It's the getting back on. I was close practicing in the park on saturday, I can almost get on in a smooth motion, glide into the saddle, there's still a bit of a stutter but I do keep moving. It helps if I shorten my stride just before jumping on.

But can I get it together under race conditions when the ground is all sloppy and I'm under a bit of pressure? nope. I give up and clamber on or end up doing the remount equivalent of a bellyflop.

I think I'd benefit from learning to run up hills too.

rjeffroy

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
jpembroke said:
6th was as good as I could have got, so I'm really pleased. And no! No walking today. There was only a couple of sections that required a dismount anyway and I guess my hill running paid off there. I battled with a very nice bloke all the way round and held him until the final lap where his time trialling ability paid off. Maybe next time.

What a bizarre and wonderful sport cyclocross is.

Oh yeah.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
palinurus said:
I realised today that I'm much better at turning left than right. Weird. Also I sometimes like to stick my leg out for balance, but it's only effective with my left leg. If I stick my right leg out it makes it worse. Something else to work on.

Was in the park this morning practicing remounting. Slightly better each time. Then I set up a really short course on the grass with all right turns and just went around that. Anyway- I can now stick my right leg out in a turn if I want to.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Cyclopedia (Merton Road)

Top Bottom