My daughter wants a BSO.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There is another angle to this of course, and knowing my wily daughter it wouldn't surprise me, and that's that she's banking on me saying "Don't buy that crap, I'll stump up the reddies for something half decent and you can have it as an early Christmas present."
Well at least that would be one present sorted :whistle: and as you are probably going to be the one called on to occasionally sort problems you may as well guide that choice:thumbsup:

rivers

How far can I go?
I would look and get something decent used for that price range. I bought my wife a hardly used pinnacle neon 2 last year for £130. They retail for about £450 new.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not recommending per se but a friend has done a lot of miles on her Apollo MTB including London to Brighton with zero maintenance. Be fine for a mile or two especially if father keeps an eye on safety critical components

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I would look and get something decent used for that price range. I bought my wife a hardly used pinnacle neon 2 last year for £130. They retail for about £450 new.
Agreed, it's the route I'd prefer, the only issue with that is my daughter would like one NOW!

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Not recommending per se but a friend has done a lot of miles on her Apollo MTB including London to Brighton with zero maintenance. Be fine for a mile or two especially if father keeps an eye on safety critical components
I have a CX10, which to the best of my knowledge was the forerunner to the Halfords Apollo range. It's done plenty of miles, it only gets used now with my grandaughters tag-along or on really really bad commutes, it's a piece of garbage, but it keeps on going. It's also rather nice to ride!

I have a shed full of 24" girls bikes that a friend's family use on visits. It is a lovely size for 5' people, light and agile. I get them fromcar boot sales for £30-£40 and only buy good non suspension ones. The GT Paloma is the best.

J1888

Über Member
There is another angle to this of course, and knowing my wily daughter it wouldn't surprise me, and that's that she's banking on me saying "Don't buy that crap, I'll stump up the reddies for something half decent and you can have it as an early Christmas present."

Im not a girl but that's totally what I would have done with my folks

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My daughter wants a BSO for x mas cus she can get it with a name sticker, as shes 5 im not in the mood to argue. and she likes butterflies( she doesnt need stabilzers but it comes with them )
265840?w=637&h=403.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have a shed full of 24" girls bikes that a friend's family use on visits. It is a lovely size for 5' people, light and agile. I get them fromcar boot sales for £30-£40 and only buy good non suspension ones. The GT Paloma is the best.
Mrs ck is 4 foot 7 " and rides an 24 " hybrid .. uhm well ridden it maybe 3 times as it interferes with her hobby of tv watching .

Top Bottom