My day of turmoil trying to find and buy a sink and drain plunger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I once blocked our sink from far too much rice in various bowls. Couldn't shift it, so bought a 'compressed air' unblocker - basically a can and a rubber cup. Press button and 'boom' clears the block. Loads of fun, but I guess if the plumbing is a bit old it could blow seals out.

"Boom" might be a bit much for the complicated plumbing under our kitchen sink. Could end up with a "yer only supposed to blow the blahdy doors off!" situation.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It could have led to a plunger related crime wave if someone had pinched it off your doorstep.
"Accrington Police baffled by reports of break ins where the perpetrators cleared the victims' drains before scarpering". "We are baffled" stated a police source. We are still looking into it." "Oo, this is all too much for me, I feel quite drained" said one of the victims. "So that's where my plunger went" stated notable local resident, A. Cyclist.

There will be less trouble coming from the local sink estate though.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The school caretaker I was talking to on Friday stopped me today and gave/lent me his concertina type plunger. I'm going to use it, even though my shower drain has been fine since I used the small Tesco one on it. The big one might free more stuff from the drain. The housing association bloke who came to it in February used the concertina type one on my drain. Loads of stuff came up. Stuff like shower bottle tops and disposable razor blade covers. That shower bottle cap wasn't mine as being 'follically challenged':rolleyes: I haven't bought shampoo in the 5 years I've been here, so that shower bottle cap had been stuck in the drain for at least 5 years! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom