My day of turmoil trying to find and buy a sink and drain plunger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
How does the algorithm work? How do we boost Accy's masterpiece?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Got there!! But slightly later than my prediction:

Screenshot_20221119-150058_Chrome.jpg

The shop a minute down the road had 5 black ones with the flat plate above the rubber cup part for toilet use, three brown ones for sink use and a couple of those terribly flimsy blue ones. They're now one less in store but we're now one up, just in case.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My my, doesn't word get around the blocked drain community!:rolleyes: One of the neighbours I phoned yesterday to ask if they had a plunger only came and knocked on my door a short while ago asking If I'd found one. When I said yes she asked "well could I borrow it as my kitchen sink is blocked up with carrot and potato peelings". She's now had my sink plunger about half an hour. I hope she brings it back and doesn't conveniently forget to!!🤔

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My my, doesn't word get around the blocked drain community!:rolleyes: One of the neighbours I phoned yesterday to ask if they had a plunger only came and knocked on my door a short while ago asking If I'd found one. When I said yes she asked "well could I borrow it as my kitchen sink is blocked up with carrot and potato peelings". She's now had my sink plunger about half an hour. I hope she brings it back and doesn't conveniently forget to!!🤔

You've swished all your soil into their drain ?:ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I once blocked our sink from far too much rice in various bowls. Couldn't shift it, so bought a 'compressed air' unblocker - basically a can and a rubber cup. Press button and 'boom' clears the block. Loads of fun, but I guess if the plumbing is a bit old it could blow seals out.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I once blocked our sink from far too much rice in various bowls. Couldn't shift it, so bought a 'compressed air' unblocker - basically a can and a rubber cup. Press button and 'boom' clears the block. Loads of fun, but I guess if the plumbing is a bit old it could blow seals out.

I was offered one of those yesterday for 15 quid. I was going to buy it but then noticed the can was narrower than my shower drain hole. I don't think they'd work on showers and if they did, wouldn't loads of gunk get blasted back in one's face?🤔

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
How did I miss this thread yesterday?! :laugh:
All these years, I was imagining @Accy cyclist's palm plant (as he calls it), like a miniature palm.
I did wonder in the past what it looked like: Accy, that is not a palm, that is a Yucca plant!
Don't give it too much water, especially this time of year. Treat it like a cactus.
Re plungers: I don't have any.
The shower plughole gets soda crystals and boiling water once a year, the kitchen sink (often blocked by cat food jelly) gets unblocked by opening the waste pipe :becool:

Top Bottom