My day of turmoil trying to find and buy a sink and drain plunger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After 4 hours of searching from shop to shop I finally found one! The problem started when I put one of my palm trees in my shower to water in and wash its leaves. I put the plant on the seat in my shower only to turn my back and hear it crash to the floor! Half of its compost/soil spilled out onto the shower floor. I swept most of it up then rinsed the rest away, but sadly that bit blocked my shower drain. I went to Scewfix, Aldi, Argos, BM Bargains, 3 local plumbers merchants but no luck! One bloke in one of the shops told me that there's a shortage of sink plungers at the moment. Was he taking the mickey, or is that true?🤔 Anyway, I eventually found one hidden away in the local Tesco. I've just plunged the shower drain and I'm glad to report the compost has gone and my shower drain is now flowing freely!

Sadly that's the way things are going !
The Monty Python sketch about Bicycle Repair Man has come true ! :angry: The little shop that you could go to that you knew would have everything that you could possibly need has sadly gone and been replaced by a big store which has bu99er all but try to convince you that that is what you need ! :angry:

classic33

Leg End Member
Sadly that's the way things are going !
The Monty Python sketch about Bicycle Repair Man has come true ! :angry: The little shop that you could go to that you knew would have everything that you could possibly need has sadly gone and been replaced by a big store which has bu99er all but try to convince you that that is what you need ! :angry:
They have to sell you something, selling you bugger all does nothing for thte sales figures.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Have you tried Toolstation? £5.99. Probably not as durable as the one you posted, but much cheaper.
1668853362532.png

https://www.toolstation.com/draper-big-sink-plunger/p16968

Have you tried Toolstation? £5.99. Probably not as durable as the one you posted, but much cheaper.
View attachment 668444
https://www.toolstation.com/draper-big-sink-plunger/p16968

Oh! That would make a good gun for a Dalek. :whistle:

a.twiddler

Veteran
So if I always take an umbrella in my back pocket when cycling, are you saying it will never rain? I might try that, give me a few days and I will report back. ....

10 minutes later...

No wait, it's raining already! Is it a special kind of umbrella I need? :smile:

If you can get it in your back pocket, it's obviously not powerful enough! A symbolic cocktail umbrella won't do! It's got to be big enough to be a nuisance. And even then, there's no guarantee that it won't rain. But at least you'll have an umbrella. And if one day you decide to leave the annoying thing at home, or absent mindedly leave it behind at a cake stop, what are the odds of wetness occurring? Life is perversely unpredictable. No matter what precautions you take, it's never enough. A cycling umbrella? How bizarre.

Cue Shimano producing a superlight collapsible titanium umbrella that fits in your underseat pouch yet can shelter an entire peloton when needed. Optionally available in club colours, of course.

mustang1

Legendary Member
If you can get it in your back pocket, it's obviously not powerful enough! A symbolic cocktail umbrella won't do! It's got to be big enough to be a nuisance. And even then, there's no guarantee that it won't rain. But at least you'll have an umbrella. And if one day you decide to leave the annoying thing at home, or absent mindedly leave it behind at a cake stop, what are the odds of wetness occurring? Life is perversely unpredictable. No matter what precautions you take, it's never enough. A cycling umbrella? How bizarre.

Cue Shimano producing a superlight collapsible titanium umbrella that fits in your underseat pouch yet can shelter an entire peloton when needed. Optionally available in club colours, of course.

I'm pretty sure cyclists in Japan ride with umbrellas... When it rains!

Brandane

Legendary Member
Currently "trending" at number 3.
All bets off for it reaching the coveted number 1 slot by 2pm today.

Currently sitting at number 2, but looking unlikely now to reach number 1 by my predicted time of 2pm.... all thanks to @Cycleops coming on a cycling forum and posting a new thread with some relevance to cycling. How quaint and old fashioned! :okay:

Top Bottom