My day of turmoil trying to find and buy a sink and drain plunger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I would also say an item to have and not need, rather than need and not have this winter is a box of candles. So stock up now @Accy cyclist

and don't forget the matches!!!:okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
One bloke in one of the shops told me that there's a shortage of sink plungers at the moment. Was he taking the mickey, or is that true?

It's true. Caused by a new trend for people watering their plants in the shower. Not just that, but placing their plants on a seat in their shower (WTF!!), and doing it in such a way that the plant falls off the seat. Only in Accy-land would this story be believable. Perhaps your next purchase should be a watering can!

Chislenko

Veteran
The shortage could be my fault Accy, we have three of them.

However, haven't used any of them in years as periodically put that buster stuff down the shower plug to stop the build up of hair, not a problem for your good self though!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
However, haven't used any of them in years as periodically put that buster stuff down the shower plug to stop the build up of hair,
I used bleach for years. After it'd been down the drain for most of the day my shower water went down faster, but I've just had a shower and the water goes down much faster after plunging than it does pouring thick bleach down.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Talking to a bloke when looking for a plunger, he told me he's a school caretaker and uses one of these.

1668817346768.png

https://www.screwfix.com/p/monument...pid=34513&ds_kid=92700048793290430&ds_rl=1244

I went to Screwfix in Accrington yesterday to buy one, but I was told it'd have to be ordered and it'd be sometime next week when it'd arrive.:rolleyes:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Ah, the Great Sink Plunger Famine of 2022. Some will blame Brexit, some will blame Covid. Before you know it, this thread will be on NACA!
Meanwhile, the humble sink plunger remains unappreciated until you need one in a hurry. Like an umbrella and rain, if you always keep one at hand, you will never need to use it. It is a Blockage Deterrent.

So if I always take an umbrella in my back pocket when cycling, are you saying it will never rain? I might try that, give me a few days and I will report back. ....

10 minutes later...

No wait, it's raining already! Is it a special kind of umbrella I need? :smile:

Top Bottom