My day of turmoil trying to find and buy a sink and drain plunger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy, that is not a palm, that is a Yucca plant!

This is a Yukka Pat.:okay:

1668900442850.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
My my, doesn't word get around the blocked drain community!:rolleyes: One of the neighbours I phoned yesterday to ask if they had a plunger only came and knocked on my door a short while ago asking If I'd found one. When I said yes she asked "well could I borrow it as my kitchen sink is blocked up with carrot and potato peelings". She's now had my sink plunger about half an hour. I hope she brings it back and doesn't conveniently forget to!!🤔

I hope she hangs onto it for a while so we can keep this thread going:rolleyes:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Briefly considered a ride into the Vale of Belvoir, but I'm feeling particularly lazy, so grabbed this off Google Earth.
Gruesome fact; Plungar is close to Langar, where skydivers have occasionally been known to plunge to their death after a parachute malfunction. I still remember, with a shudder, seeing a photo of the result of a failed tandem jump at a lecture by the then coroner.
Plungar.jpg

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The shop a minute down the road had 5 black ones with the flat plate above the rubber cup part for toilet use, three brown ones for sink use and a couple of those terribly flimsy blue ones. They're now one less in store but we're now one up, just in case.

The children occasionally block a loo ("Daddy, it's another totem...").
Easiest way to clear it is a bucket of hot water.

Plungers are reserved for showers bunged up with long hair.

a.twiddler

Veteran
When the kids were younger they were terrors for blocking the loo but most of the time it was possible to fill the toilet up then just keep adding water bit by bit until the blockage eased and gave way. Very rarely have I had to go the stinky arm route and shift it by hand. Modern toilets just don't have the oomph of the old school stuff. I have a hazy memory from childhood of one of the houses we lived in having a high cast iron tank on brackets in the bathroom with "The Thunderer" cast on it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
My my, doesn't word get around the blocked drain community!:rolleyes: One of the neighbours I phoned yesterday to ask if they had a plunger only came and knocked on my door a short while ago asking If I'd found one. When I said yes she asked "well could I borrow it as my kitchen sink is blocked up with carrot and potato peelings". She's now had my sink plunger about half an hour. I hope she brings it back and doesn't conveniently forget to!!🤔

You should have said yes, it’ll be £10 for you to borrow it…

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hope she hangs onto it for a while so we can keep this thread going:rolleyes:

She gave the plunger back last night. Good, but she sent a text message saying "I've left your sink cleaning thingy on your doorstep ta". She doesn't leave her flat after dark, yet she sent that message at 9.17 pm.🤔 My thoughts are that she left the plunger there at 5pm at the latest, meaning it was an open opportunity for thieves for around 4 hours! How 'I don't give a toss' is that eh!!!🧐

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
. I have a hazy memory from childhood of one of the houses we lived in having a high cast iron tank on brackets in the bathroom with "The Thunderer" cast on it.

My brother has one of them in their downstairs toilet. There is an acquired knack to flushing it, but once it flushes it is VERY effective. :smile:

a.twiddler

Veteran
She gave the plunger back last night. Good, but she sent a text message saying "I've left your sink cleaning thingy on your doorstep ta". She doesn't leave her flat after dark, yet she sent that message at 9.17 pm.🤔 My thoughts are that she left the plunger there at 5pm at the latest, meaning it was an open opportunity for thieves for around 4 hours! How 'I don't give a toss' is that eh!!!🧐
It could have led to a plunger related crime wave if someone had pinched it off your doorstep.
"Accrington Police baffled by reports of break ins where the perpetrators cleared the victims' drains before scarpering". "We are baffled" stated a police source. We are still looking into it." "Oo, this is all too much for me, I feel quite drained" said one of the victims. "So that's where my plunger went" stated notable local resident, A. Cyclist.

stephec

Legendary Member
It could have led to a plunger related crime wave if someone had pinched it off your doorstep.
"Accrington Police baffled by reports of break ins where the perpetrators cleared the victims' drains before scarpering". "We are baffled" stated a police source. We are still looking into it." "Oo, this is all too much for me, I feel quite drained" said one of the victims. "So that's where my plunger went" stated notable local resident, A. Cyclist.

Now this is more like it, there could be a Phantom Raspberry Blower style series in that.

I can see this thread easily making 15 pages at least. 😂

Top Bottom