My Doctor actually/honestly said this to me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Now I will say......this doctor has since gone to that big surgery in the sky. It was a post I just read that reminded me of this event.
I had developed spots which my OH and I thought were German Measles so I went to said doctor.
She had a close look and said..............................."my cat had something like that" :rolleyes:

AND THEN............She got this huge reference book down and started to check the symtoms. After flicking backwards & forwards in the book I asked her "what are you looking for"??
She said "German Measles"............so I said.............."have you tried under 'R' for Rubella".
So she did-and she found it-and I had it^_^

G3CWI

Veteran
We had a doctor years ago who had always had whatever we had. I think it was his was of reassuring people. He never mentioned his cat though.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I once went to A&E with agonising colic that just wouldn't go away. (bouts normally lasted no more than half an hour, but this came back three times and lasted the best part of an hour) I was eventually seen by the out of hours Doctor they had on duty, who didn't listen to my symptoms, described his own in minute detail, told me I had what he had and prescribed some capsules, which he took for his colitis. I googled colitis when I got home and found perhaps two potentially overlapping symptoms and decided to see my GP the next day. She referred me to a consultant and it turned out I had gallstones. :rolleyes:

young Ed

Veteran
my funniest medical experience has to be when i went to get a jab for something or another at school and a trained nurse sat me down and asked me a few questions including are you pregnant. considering i was a 15 year old lad with short fair and not cross dressing and very clearly look like a lad my response was well considering you're a trained nurse lets think about that!
oh and one of the previous questions was checking my gender!
Cheers Ed

Mrs R is a doctor and once dictated a letter after a consultation with a patient who had symptoms of vertigo. The secretary produced a letter saying that the patient had symptoms of a tiger.

Sometimes it's not the doctor's fault.

We used a "reporting scheme" in India to type up reports.

Best one was the report for a skull xray
The dictation was "No vault fracture is seen", and the typed report was "No bald patch is seen"

buggi

Bird Saviour
Ok, well one time I missed my pill and then was a bit naughty 6 days later. Now for those that don't know, if you miss your pill you have to be careful for 7 days. So I thought, best play it safe and phoned my doctor to get morning after pill. He tried to tell me I was too late coz I missed my pill 6 days ago and I only have 72 hours to take it. I had to EXPLAIN to HIM that it is 72 hours after you shag, not after you miss your pill!

JEEZ!!!! The clue is in the name!!!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Ok, well one time I missed my pill and then was a bit naughty 6 days later. Now for those that don't know, if you miss your pill you have to be careful for 7 days. So I thought, best play it safe and phoned my doctor to get morning after pill. He tried to tell me I was too late coz I missed my pill 6 days ago and I only have 72 hours to take it. I had to EXPLAIN to HIM that it is 72 hours after you shag, not after you miss your pill!

JEEZ!!!! The clue is in the name!!!

@buggi
The wildlife thread would have been more appropriate for this topic. And it was probably a cormorant anyway.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Mrs R is a doctor and once dictated a letter after a consultation with a patient who had symptoms of vertigo. The secretary produced a letter saying that the patient had symptoms of a tiger.

Sometimes it's not the doctor's fault.
I once got a bit squashed behind a barrier at a football match and went to A&E.
They x-rayed me and said it was nothing serious, I just had "a bruised rib".
When I told them about it at work a couple of days later someone misheard me, and passed it on that I'd been off work with "brewer's droop"!:laugh:

Sara_H

Guru
I once had to have some spinal reflexes checked whilst in A and E with a back injury.
This involved the nice young SHO tickling my anus with a cotton wool ball and asking "does that feel normal?"
To which of course, I replied "I don't know, no ones ever tickled me up the bum with cotton wool before. "

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
i went to get a jab for something or another at school and a trained nurse sat me down and asked me a few questions including are you pregnant. considering i was a 15 year old lad with short fair and not cross dressing and very clearly look like a lad my response was well considering you're a trained nurse lets think about that!
Ha ha - I was asked the same question as a poorly old man of 57 in 2013 ... (It was a joke, meant to break the tension before I was told that I had developed blood clots AGAIN!)

Top Bottom