My elbow hurts like %$*%!

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 28 Jul 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

....my right elbow is very painful and I am wondering if it could be the cycling thats caused it as I havent done anything else that could have damaged it. ...I thought it might be the reach but if that were so wouldnt both arms hurt?

It's a pain in the joint, mostly on the outside of the arm...I've had a cold ice bag on it all evening but it still hurts.

.....being a mere male of course I need to suffer...make the most of it etc.....:thumbsup:

2. starseven

starseven Guest

Cycling does hurt my elbows , has to be a long ride and it doesn't last long but definetly causes the discomfort.

Unless you are doing any other repetative arm movements :thumbsup: it most likely is the cycling.

3. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

...I gave up the beer already lol!

...the Mrs has spoken ....apparently it is certainly a case of tennis elbow...not cyclist elbow but tennis elbow. I have been prescribed anti inflamatory cream and pills and given a programme of exercises including ball squeezing, which she said she would apply violently if I did not do as I was told.....oooh er...matron!

4. starseven

starseven Guest

You need a http://www.powerballs.com/

The basic £13 job is availible from maplins, some golf shops sell the better ones with a counter. Even if you dont use them for exercise theyre a great toy!! Check out Akis:biggrin::biggrin:

5. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

...I already have two of those;):thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice