My Energy provider is upset

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
+1 for Octopus.

Fell out with OVO who told me three months in a row I wasn’t paying enough, despite being £200+ in credit, and then increased my Direct Debit themselves when I kept ignoring them

Drago

Legendary Member
As far as I'm concerned these energy companies are right up there with estate agents, solicitors, private parking enforcement companies, and Philip Green.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i pay quartely for me leccy and gas.....no way am i paying monthly and filling their accounts with inflated monthly DD payments, gives me more flexibility within my monthly earnings to do what i want with my money

As far as I'm concerned these energy companies are right up there with estate agents, solicitors, private parking enforcement companies, and Philip Green.
Nah - can't agree

Estate agents are WAY worse - especially one person at the place we have been dealing with recently
Mind you private parking enforcement are probably about equal

and Philip Green - yeah OK - class of his own (although there are probably quite a lot of rich people in the same area)

spen666

Legendary Member
My energy company are upset as well.

I haven't paid them for over six years now.

They have made 10 unsuccessful applications for a Magistrates Court Warrant and lost everytime.

They don't know what to do. Over 2 years ago, they said they were suspending collection activity whilst they made an application to the County court to prove the disputed debt exists. 2 years on and half a dozen different debt collection companies and law firms threatening me, they still have not issued proceedings.

I keep billing them for my time in all the unsuccessful magistrates court applications. Shame for them my bills are around 3 times what they say I owe.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Moved energy suppliers & went to British Gas 3 months ago, they suggested a DD of £85 (which I believed to be too low), just given them the first set of meter readings.

After the readings they advised my DD was too low & at the end of the 12 month term I would owe them £272 & that I should increase my DD to £131. Clicked through to the page & changed the £131 to £101 it again warned me it wasn't enough but I applied it anyway, it then took me back to my account to be advised that at the end of the term I would now be £11 in credit, by that logic they purposely wanted £260 off me to boost their own account.

Tribansman

Veteran
Moved energy suppliers & went to British Gas 3 months ago, they suggested a DD of £85 (which I believed to be too low), just given them the first set of meter readings.

After the readings they advised my DD was too low & at the end of the 12 month term I would owe them £272 & that I should increase my DD to £131. Clicked through to the page & changed the £131 to £101 it again warned me it wasn't enough but I applied it anyway, it then took me back to my account to be advised that at the end of the term I would now be £11 in credit, by that logic they purposely wanted £260 off me to boost their own account.
British Gas are scumbags, what they're doing to their staff at the moment is an utter disgrace - and although the renewal theyve offered me is the cheapest available, I'll be switching away from them because of it. If we don't stand in solidarity with fellow workers, we'll all be next

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I had similar, my DD was £46/month and I ended the year with £120 in credit which they refunded me. I went with them again this year, and they have put my DD up to £52. Needless to say I'm already £145 in credit and have already done the winter. I see it as just another forced savings account for me, where I get a nice little bonus at the end, albeit with no interest. It's bad though, for people who couldn't afford to do that, getting too much money taken from them when they really need it

Drago

Legendary Member

I think after the way theyve treated their staff this week I will never use British Gasp again for anything.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think after the way theyve treated their staff this week I will never use British Gasp again for anything.
My Brother in Law is/was a BG Engineer. He setup his own company just yesterday, we hoped to be his first customer but we have been beaten to it. I wish him luck, although he has a lot of new companies in his area to compete with as many of his colleagues also got sacked.

Top Bottom