My Energy provider is upset

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If savings earned interest then this would be an issue... just treat your energy company like a bank current account and forget about it..
Which means your energy provider is treating you like a savings account. In business getting paid in advance (a rarity to say the least) means you improve your cash flow and rarely have to borrow. They should be paying you interest. Marcus pays half a percent on its instant access account. I would rather have it in there for emergencies.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Scottish power were rip off merchants. They changed me £180 A month. I was over £600 in credit and they wouldn't reduce the monthly payment so I went with Bulb. Reduced my payments by £90 A month and I am still in credit to the tune of £200 plus, but I will probably use the majority of that when it gets really cold. I got a refund off Scottish power. Good riddance to bad rubbish as they say.

With bulb you can also change your monthly payments of you choose to. I really like Bulb. Best thing I ever did was to change provider.

I don't mind being a bit on credit, but some take the Mick big time.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

With bulb you can also change your monthly payments of you choose to. I really like Bulb. Best thing I ever did was to change provider.
Funnily I am leaving Bulb for exactly the same reason you left Scottish Power, they have increased my DD again without notifying me, their estimates before I joined after being given the previous years data was £86 (I think) now they are wanting £143 they have also changed their T&C's without notification to demand that all customers are a minimum of 1 month in credit. Personally I think they are in financial difficulty,

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Funnily I am leaving Bulb for exactly the same reason you left Scottish Power, they have increased my DD again without notifying me, their estimates before I joined after being given the previous years data was £86 (I think) now they are wanting £143 they have also changed their T&C's without notification to demand that all customers are a minimum of 1 month in credit. Personally I think they are in financial difficulty,

They havnt done that to me at all. Strange

I might be getting better treatment because I don't have gas. So my bills don't jump massively in the winter. Although one company did try it on. The argument went on for half an hour . Told her what I thought of her. Hung up rung back spoke to someone else who was able to grasp that my bills don’t rise in the winter.

Any experiences with Octopus Energy ?
I’m with Octopus, started on 100/month as that was based on previous dwellers, and I got £350 back, at my request, without hassle recently. My monthly debit was reduced, at my request to 65/month, for dual fuel, and this is the eco tariff for both. I’d highly recommend Octopus.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
View attachment 540843

They don't like me only being £11.56 in credit & want me to fund them by me being £110 in credit, I know I will have to up the payments later in the year, but I'd rather have to money in my account rather than theirs. Daft thing is I gave them my usage for last year & they suggested £90 before I joined them.
Girl who used to work for me always overpaid and then demanded the surplus back approaching Christmas. She regarded it as a kind of savings scheme.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have just found out that my energy supplier has been charging me twice for my night time use for at least 5 years.

Symbio Energy

The effective date of supply is 08 December 2020.

In accordance with the tariff conditions, you will receive a bill within the next seven days for energy consumption between the effective date of your switch until the end of the calendar month. Your next bill will be in the first week of the proceeding calendar month for the following month’s energy consumption. We will take a direct debit equivalent to the monthly quote you provided to us on the website.
WE WILL SEE!

Please remember you can only be charged for electricity you use
WE WILL SEE!!
which can only be determined with meter reads.We request you to submit a meter reading by the end of each month. If a meter reading is submitted after the cut-off date, the meter reading will be considered in the next billing cycle.
IF I AM AWAY FROM HOME I WILL MAKE IT UP

Symbio Energy Limited, follows an Advance Billing System, hence customers are billed one month in advance based on the Estimated Annual Consumption and seasonal estimates. Upon receiving the meter reading at the end of the month, the bill will be reconciled in line with the meter reading received. Any over or under collection will be adjusted in the following bill. The process of reconciliation and estimating one month in advance is a continuous process

I change every year but I should change earlier as you can switch 49 days before the end of contract with out penalties But i have yet to work out how you do that. Do you apply to new supplier when you have 49 days left on your contact or can you time it so the actual switch over takes place then??

Last edited:
Top Bottom