My exciting ride to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Alcdrew

Alcdrew

I used a different route today, it's longer and hillier, so better for me :?:

I don't fear any offcial come back on me, like you have all said I was just in hitting the side of his van to gain his attention and not be squashed. No person in there right mind would say other wise. The reason I have used another route and probably will do for a week or so at the least is the possibility of the idiot laying in wait for me to pass, so he can repeat the whole thing again, I don't fancy nearly been run off the road everyday on my way to work. OK it is most likely that he has calmed down and wouldn't do this, but then the sight of me on my bike on the same bit of road might make him mad again, I don't think it's worth the hasle.

johnsienk

I am working on keeping it cool, although in situations like this it is not always easy. I try not to provoke people, too many lunatics out there. However, if he got off his van to chase you, I would probably accept the challange and might have broken his nose and kicked him in the groin, etc. I am not saying you should do this, but since it is self denense you'd have no problems from the police. These beer-belly van drivers have big mouth and tempers, but geezers are not nearly as fit as an average adult male cyclist, especially if you do other sports. Once you start approaching them in confidence ready to fight, most of them changes their attitude. They are just loud mouths. Otherwise, too bad for them.

John S

yenrod

Other night I got some jerk telling me to get on the side ????????????

One, seriously ONE DAY :biggrin::smile::biggrin: I will seriously injure someone in a car...i wont carry on otherwise I'll get myself too mad now !

yenrod

I'm getting sick and tired of cars allowing other cars out: this happened again not long back I did what you did as I turned right on the last right turn into work..

All I heard was some bloke going ballistic in his car: reckon thats a dead giveaway for a scrap with a CD ! :biggrin:

I too thought I'd e chased but never...

I just feel the atmosphere on the road is getting worse and worse and worse...

Alcdrew said:
I used a different route today, it's longer and hillier, so better for me :biggrin:

I don't fear any offcial come back on me, like you have all said I was just in hitting the side of his van to gain his attention and not be squashed. No person in there right mind would say other wise. The reason I have used another route and probably will do for a week or so at the least is the possibility of the idiot laying in wait for me to pass, so he can repeat the whole thing again, I don't fancy nearly been run off the road everyday on my way to work. OK it is most likely that he has calmed down and wouldn't do this, but then the sight of me on my bike on the same bit of road might make him mad again, I don't think it's worth the hasle.

Tynan

Veteran
a perfect example of why not to get into a dialogue

he's not going at you for holding him up, he's doing it in response to the finger/gesture

some blokes will react to being insulted, regardless of the justification, would you do that to someone's face in a pub?

it's a natural reaction when cycling but not a wise one

Andy 71

What we need to do is form a kind of Hell's Angels for cyclists. Perhaps members should be classified as a 'Prospect' until they commit an heinous act like RLJ'ing 100 times and can build a wheel on their own. Then they earn a set of 'colours'

Then what we do is circulate a false report in the media about fatal fights between rival cycle gangs, et voila.

Then, when WVM sees a set of 'colours', the a$$h0le will certainly think twice.

The only downside is that the cops will also pay more attention to us.

Top Bottom