My faith in human nature has been restored ( somewhat )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I rode down to a Remembrance Day thing today, and as I got there, I heard the hiss of doom coming from my front tyre. So I watched the parade, had a coffee, and returned to my ( crocked ) bike. Whilst I was messing around with tyres and tubes and gas, a Marine with a very impressive rack of gongs, asked me if I was okay, and if I needed a lift anywhere, because he had a van. I didn’t need it, but I thought it was a very nice gesture.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
I rode down to a Remembrance Day thing today, and as I got there, I heard the hiss of doom coming from my front tyre. So I watched the parade, had a coffee, and returned to my ( crocked ) bike. Whilst I was messing around with tyres and tubes and gas, a Marine with a very impressive rack of gongs, asked me if I was okay, and if I needed a lift anywhere, because he had a van. I didn’t need it, but I thought it was a very nice gesture.

Yes there are still lots of helpful people around..

K

Globalti

Legendary Member
We once picked up a roadie who was walking home. He was a bit morose and when we got to his house we saw the reason - his wife was standing in the doorway looking like Andy Capp's wife Flo, arms folded, loudly asking "So what's he done THIS time?" We felt a bit sorry for the bloke.

Top Bottom