My Fault Apparently ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I regularly go through a signal junction in Yaxley in the left lane. I immediately want to go right at the small right turn pocket to another junction So I'm not left hooked I position myself in the middle of the lane before the junction moving to the right at the stop line. Round the corner this let's all the drivers going straight to continue uninterrupted.
Tonight there was a car in front of me which was perfect as they act like a shield only the right turn is so small that a car does interrupt the straight ahead traffic. The following eejit driving a small van nearly ran into the back left wheel of the turning car. Of course although I was well out of the way, behind the turning cars right wheel, according to the van driver it was my fault for not indicating ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You're a cyclist. Of course it was your fault.

C R

Guru
I regularly go through a signal junction in Yaxley in the left lane. I immediately want to go right at the small right turn pocket to another junction So I'm not left hooked I position myself in the middle of the lane before the junction moving to the right at the stop line. Round the corner this let's all the drivers going straight to continue uninterrupted.
Tonight there was a car in front of me which was perfect as they act like a shield only the right turn is so small that a car does interrupt the straight ahead traffic. The following eejit driving a small van nearly ran into the back left wheel of the turning car. Of course although I was well out of the way, behind the turning cars right wheel, according to the van driver it was my fault for not indicating ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

As @ianrauk said, it is always the cyclist's fault. If you are riding on the road you hold up traffic going at 5mph. If you are riding in a shared path you are a danger going at 50mph. You should know by now.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great innit. Had to slam on this morning as a driver pulled out of a side street and drove straight across the road. I'd anticipated this, so slammed on the brakes deliberately, letting a big howl out from the rear canti's and had plenty of time to shout 'Oi look where you are going' into the passenger's face ! Dopey beggars.

Lozz360

Veteran
I read it as there was a van in front of you, that nearly collided with a car in front of him. However, the van driver blamed you, being behind the van on your bike, presumably? Iโ€™m sure I have misunderstood.

a.twiddler

Veteran
But the van driver would have done that even if you weren't there. Would have found something else to blame. Sounds like he was trying to squeeze past the turning car but ran out of room. Poor observation!

freiston

Veteran

Am I the only one that the link doesn't work for?

If not, here's a working link (well, it works for me):
https://maps.app.goo.gl/2MrvrvSEqeZBzBT69

I think I've grasped the scenario and it seems to me that the van driver coming from behind you is one of those that finds it very difficult to comprehend that they are capable of getting or doing things wrong, and that if things do go wrong, it must therefore be someone or something else's fault. It was either you, the car driver or the junction that must have caused the error. Being as the car driver was doing what any reasonable car driver would do, and that there was no cycling infrastructure, it must be your fault.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Wow I had to read that several times before I understand & look at the junction image, from what I re-re-re-read you did nothing wrong & the following van driver should not have come up the inside of you, he would I suspect be breaking the 1.5M imaginary rule.

Life's too short, forgive, forget & move on.

Top Bottom