My favorite time of year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
as you drive around in your HUGE 4 x 4 killing the planet with exhaust fumes :laugh:

Thus making it snow even more!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I prefer Winter. It's only a month into Spring here (an unusually cold one), and already the fair-weather cyclists are out peddling their particular brand of incompetent pedaling, and I wish next Winter had already arrived.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I prefer sprin.

This warm spell aside, I hate it. Give me spring anyday.

I HATE spring, not so much because of what it is, but because everyone goes on about how wonderful it all is and that we should all be farting rainbows about it!!
Well, no, you can take your BBC Countryfile crap with Ma' Ba'er and co practially w*****g over the newly born lambs and stick it up you ar5e, I'm just not interested.

Sorry, but March and April really are my least favourite months.

I'm with the OP, I prefer Autumn and to a certain extent Winter when it gets really cold!

Oh, OHH!! And another thing, it is not as if Summer is usually any better (according to all you tiresome 'weather victims' (I quite honestly don't really care - Weather is weather)), so Spring really isn't the start of much other than the plants and animals getting going......

The leaves and sunshine combo can be fabulous, the bitter wind and rain, not so much.

........ And that is just Summer!

I prefer spring to autumn, autumn is bitter sweet, it can be very pretty but you know the dark cold days of winter are just round the corner, spring however contains the promise of the bright warm summer days to come.
See above.....

Bring on the darkness!!

Why not let them get on with it? It's none of your business. :okay:

It would be, if they didn't then tell us all about it.

'Its only xx shopping days until Christmas!'
:ninja::gun:

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Autumn is when the weather starts to get badass again. If I wanted boring weather then I'd move to the South of Spain or whatever :rolleyes:

By the way, for the record, my favoutite months are February (It is the last month of winter before the borefest of Spring and the month after the aniticlimax of January, plus you often get kickass weather too!).

May, purely because my Birthday is then

October because of Autumn, the colours and all that wonderful darkness and the chance to start wrapping up in proper clothes once more without boiling yourself! In theory anyway.

And

December (after slagging off Christmas people too, but it has nothing to do with that, it is just that it is at the end of the year, it represents the beginning of a clean break, a new year, all that potential.... What will happen in the coming year??).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'd rather have summer, I love the lightness of clothes and the sun against your skin, whereas in winter I start wearing so many layers, and the days become short. My ideal world would have one month of proper winter with snow, and a month or two of autumn, and the rest would be spring and summer.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Yes, I like a crisp, bright Autumn morning with a bit of a nip in the air. Wakes me up nicely on the morning commute and lets me pedal as fast as possible without getting all hot and bothered like in the Summer.

Top Bottom