My favorite time of year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
I HATE spring, not so much because of what it is, but because everyone goes on about how wonderful it all is and that we should all be farting rainbows about it!!
Well, no, you can take your BBC Countryfile crap with Ma' Ba'er and co practially w*****g over the newly born lambs and stick it up you ar5e, I'm just not interested.

:ninja::gun:

picard_clapping.gif

Simontm

Veteran
Yep, Autumn for me. Love this time of year. Though I loved cycling through the snow last winter, that was fun - especially the looks from colleagues when they got in ^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'd rather have summer, I love the lightness of clothes and the sun against your skin, whereas in winter I start wearing so many layers, and the days become short. My ideal world would have one month of proper winter with snow, and a month or two of autumn, and the rest would be spring and summer.
At last! The voice of reason. Summer's great, spring & autumn can be nice, and winter sucks. Any other suggestion is just people trying to be deep and 'interesting'.

Why not let them get on with it? It's none of your business. :okay:

I cannot seem to be able to avoid it. Here we are on the 1st October ,still a quarter of the year, or indeed almost all of Autumn to go before C********. I have my Facebook full of excite friends who are already counting how many sleeps left, work sorting out Christmas party and asking me if in 10 weeks time what I will want to eat, and that it all before I have ventured into town to do some quite normal shopping.
My wife's Birthday is on 20th December - have you tried buying a birthday card a few days before then?
I find 20-24th December quite long enough to make all arrangements, buy presents and look forward to Christmas. Why go on for three months when three days is quite enough.
If I could avoid it, believe me I would! By the time it gets here it really is just a relief to get it over with for 9 months.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I cannot seem to be able to avoid it. Here we are on the 1st October ,still a quarter of the year, or indeed almost all of Autumn to go before C********. I have my Facebook full of excite friends who are already counting how many sleeps left, work sorting out Christmas party and asking me if in 10 weeks time what I will want to eat, and that it all before I have ventured into town to do some quite normal shopping.
My wife's Birthday is on 20th December - have you tried buying a birthday card a few days before then?
I find 20-24th December quite long enough to make all arrangements, buy presents and look forward to Christmas. Why go on for three months when three days is quite enough.
If I could avoid it, believe me I would! By the time it gets here it really is just a relief to get it over with for 9 months.

It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness......

:hello:

Sharky

Guru
Each season has an appeal for different reasons. When the autumn follows an active summer, when I've tried to reach a peak fitness and most rides have been training rides, it's really nice to ease back and appreciate the fitness gained at a more leisurely pace, before it all starts again in January.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I am an autumn lover because you can get really good weather like at the moment, plus the colours of the trees and the fields are changing to lovely hues.
I also like winter because of the cold and often wild weather. I like the cold because I don't feel it. I work outside a lot of the time and although reasonably wrapped up I don't get cold. Even on a longish ride 20-30 miles on a cold day I end up with steam coming off of my gloves and beanie hat. MrsP thinks I am not normal.:heat:

Top Bottom