My first 100 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:bravo: well done, I've never done a 100 miles in a day I must try it one day.......

pjd57

Veteran
I need to do 100 one day.
Next summer when we have plenty of light I'll try for 50 miles out and 50 back sticking to the canal paths.
Slower, but flatter.

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Well done. We look forward to you joining the 100 Mile a month challenge next year. :okay:
Haha, this did cross my mind, although with 3 kids under 8 it was finding the 6/7 hours to do it which was a challenge - hence signing up to an event!

Doh just seen the elevation over 7000ft is a hilly ride I bet there was some tough hills did you climb out of Porthtowan that's a tough climb
No, luckily we went from Redruth straight down to Portreath so we had to climb the "Portreath Wall" (as it's appropriately named on Strava).

Maenchi

StoneDog
Haha, this did cross my mind, although with 3 kids under 8 it was finding the 6/7 hours to do it which was a challenge - hence signing up to an event!

No, luckily we went from Redruth straight down to Portreath so we had to climb the "Portreath Wall" (as it's appropriately named on Strava).
Hi was the route out of Mousehole also up the steep hill there also?, i'd like to ask you, if you know what times the short route of 46m was done in, that's my maximum ride ..so far I was thinking maybe next year I could enter.....

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Hi was the route out of Mousehole also up the steep hill there also?, i'd like to ask you, if you know what times the short route of 46m was done in, that's my maximum ride ..so far I was thinking maybe next year I could enter.....
The route through Mousehole goes the other way - so it's the end of the ride, we come down the steep hill into Mousehole and then cruise along the sea front into Newlyn and Penzance. The main climb on the 46 miler is the 4.5 mile climb from Lelant Saltings up around St Ives, a steady drag but with some cake at the top! According to the results most of the riders did it in 3-4 hours, although some were in 4 or 5hour + (baring in mind I some people were on the course for 9 hours you can take as long as that and the feed stations will still be open and you'll still get a medal at the end!!

Maenchi

StoneDog
Thanks for your reply;It's good to know that there would be plenty of time to do it in then, my average speed is about 10mph, so theoretically I could do it in 4.5hrs, although i'm sure it would take me longer, maybe 5.5 hrs. Is everybody riding road bikes ? or are there hybrids, mtb's,, ? I ask because I ride a mountain bike, with road tyres at a suitable psi for roads, same with the forks.

Top Bottom