My first 30 miler (another one)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickGayle

Regular
I did my first 30 miler today ( another box ticked). I'm a bit achy but thoroughly enjoyed it. I was riding around Regents Park and there are some quick guys up there. I was averaging around 18-20 mph and guys were flying past me like I was standing still. Plenty of work left to do I think....

Chris Mafitaly

Regular
If that was your first 30 miles and you were travelling at 18-20 you have done really well.How long have you been cycling?

OP
OP
N

NickGayle

Regular
I think maybe I worded that incorrectly. I was averaging 18-20 mph while in the park which was about 10 miles of the ride. My average for the ride as a whole was 13 mph. I've been riding 6 weeks

Chris Mafitaly

Regular
Getting up to 18-20 is good, no matter what. 6 weeks of riding, fantastic an average of 13mph. I am out with a group of 11 tomorrow will be doing 50 mile hope to average about 17mph. i get out every other day and i have been cycling about 4 months. I have found the more you do the better you get and the more you enjoy it!

Boon 51

Veteran
well done from me... :thumbsup:

Well done, I still only avg 13 and a bit mph, after 4 months, though I did do a ride at 16 mph but that was back in August, though at 800ft gain it was 1/3 the height i did today, and 3/5th's the distance.

Top Bottom