My first 50 mile ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Just got back, absolutely knackered but feel good. My first 50 mile ride through the chiltern hills under my belt. I'm really chuffed with myself I had 2 stops, first was to fix a puncture and have a cereal bar. The second was for a burger from a roadside burger van 35 miles into the ride. I was bloody starving, i had a bowl of alpen before i left but i needed a quick burger fix! This was enough fuel for the last 15 miles home, and i did the 50 miles in a modest 3 hrs 14 mins, not including stops. Time for a well earned coffee and collapse on the sofa.

Distance:50.55 mi
Elevation Gain:1,811 ft
Calories:3,475 C
Time:03:40:49
Moving Time:03:14:32
Avg Moving Speed:15.6 mph
Max Speed:32.1 mph
Speed
PaceElevation
Elevation Loss:1,763 ft
Min Elevation:215 ft
Max Elevation:544 ft

Cadence
Avg Bike Cadence:79 rpm
Max Bike Cadence:109 rpm

jay

croyde

Just got back, absolutely knackered but feel good. My first 50 mile ride through the chiltern hills under my belt. I'm really chuffed with myself I had 2 stops, first was to fix a puncture and have a cereal bar. The second was for a burger from a roadside burger van 35 miles into the ride. I was bloody starving, i had a bowl of alpen before i left but i needed a quick burger fix! This was enough fuel for the last 15 miles home, and i did the 50 miles in a modest 3 hrs 14 mins, not including stops. Time for a well earned coffee and collapse on the sofa.

Distance:50.55 mi
Calories:3,475 C
Time:03:40:49
Moving Time:03:14:32
Avg Moving Speed:15.6 mph
Max Speed:32.1 mph
Speed
PaceElevation
Elevation Loss:1,763 ft
Min Elevation:215 ft
Max Elevation:544 ft

Cadence
Avg Bike Cadence:79 rpm
Max Bike Cadence:109 rpm

jay

Well done and you now deserve a greasy take away.

snorri

Legendary Member
I'd be exhausted compiling all these statistics. :sad:

Well done on your first fifty:cheers: , now are you going to work at reducing your times for a fifty or go for the hundred?:unsure:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Not bad - well impressed. My first 50 was in 3 hours 2 mins 20 seconds, but it was on a Sportive, so I had got prepared before the event, and therefore was aware of food requirements, pacing, and had people to ride with for a good proportion.

thumbsup.png
, no, actually
bravo.gif

koro

Well done, I know the feeling..... it`s surprising just what you can do...keep it up.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike