My first after restrictions big ride plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I visited the Isle of Man a couple of years ago for the first time and I don't understand why I'd never been before as it was a) easy to get to for me b) great riding, great views and c) chock full of history, which I find fascinating. I fully intend returning on the tandem with my wife. Used air bnb which worked well.
Its a fascinating and amazing place. The people are wonderful and life is so relaxed. Also incredibly safe with almost zero crime. Massively different during TT festival and to be honest, amazing as the TT is, I prefer the island without it. I would love to spend a few days just cycling around. Camping was great. Staying at Ballaugh Bridge and visiting Laxy Wheel, Peel Castle (best ice cream in Peel), Port Erin etc.

Lovacott

Über Member
At present rates it will take until 2023 for us all to get a first dose. 2 million a week? 2 million a year is more like it.
You can forget this year for anything.

According to the NHS "In the week ending the 10th January an additional 1,212,716 people received an NHS
vaccination for COVID-19 in England."

lane

Veteran
Thinking about something I can do easily from home given the way things are going. Would like to cycle to the coast - Skegness is standard from here but done that a few times. So thinking about Hunstanton with an overnight in Bourne on the way. Then cycle right round the wash from Hunstanton to Boston and get a train back to Nottingham.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Love to go back here but we will see.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
As soon as I can get over the Channel (assuming Priti Patel hasn't declared war on France) I'd like to do the Vennbahn from Aachen to Luxembourg. Or the Coast Tram and Belgian coast.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
According to Google Translate Welsh for 'dump' is 'dympio'?

You’ve clearly never actually turned off to visit Trevor!

Top Bottom