My first bike in 11 years!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hulk_slogan

Thought I'd show you all my newest pride and joy.

Tis a B'twin Rockrider 500, managed to pick it up for £160 new due to a special deal I had with Decathlon. Pretty good for what I paid!

Added a few bits so far, mudguards, bar ends, new gripper grips, under saddle bag, comfier saddle, bottle cage and a sigma trip computer. May upgrade the disc brakes to Avid BB7's, but the stock hayes mx5's aren't too bad.
Going to have the front wheel dish adjusted on Monday and need to have the gears tweaked slightly as the shop set them up fine on the workstand, but once I'm riding it the chains come off a couple of times.

Also looking to get some continental tubes and vapour tyres next payday. Been a joy to ride so far!

As it was from the store:
25EE9D17-EF6F-4BA3-A0B0-5BBF8B2940B8_zpsmjjfpcqw.jpg

After a few additions and one or two removals:
A132D326-CB19-4D6A-BB37-DB69EBCB72B2_zpsud28tlhs.jpg

And a couple of pictures from a bumpy trip through the crops!
96A3A36C-80E3-4E2B-8C5D-1B178F2FD50F_zpsmujagegm.jpg

8052EABE-0808-4D7F-96C9-C343807C4CB6_zps1dq5sg8i.jpg

Keith Oates

Janner
The bike looks good at the moment so keep on riding and enjoying the experience.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nice bike. Lovely colour too.
I really like that cornfield shot :okay:

OP
OP
Hulk_slogan

Hulk_slogan

Im around 5ft 10 ish, yes the saddle was too low! Its raised now haha.

As these bikes come in small, medium, large etx, I was right on the fence between medium and large, so I went medium as it was only 1.5cm smaller in places compared to the large. Thought I could adjust a medium to fit a bit better. However that could have been my initial feeling of feeling more comfortable on a smaller frame after years of not riding!

Im happy though, it does what I intended it for... Now looking at road bikes for the future haha :/ would like one dedicated for road, and this for everything else!

gds58

Über Member
Your thoughts on sizing are good in that it is generally better to go smaller and make it bigger to fit you. If you're 5' 10" then that saddle is way too low. As a qualified BG Bike Fitter I can tell by looking at the pictures!
Great value bike and it's so nice to hear that the 'bug' has bitten you again, I'm afraid you are now on the slippery slope of multple bike ownership!! For the time being simply enjoy.
Graham

Top Bottom