My first clipless moment - you're gonna like this one!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

So, just arriving at college, seven people on pavement, 20m away from the bike locks - car pulled into the entrance across my path, without indicating, and so I slam the brakes on... unfortunately 2 meters away from the car or so.... so now pile into the car - still clipped into the pedals, up onto the windscreen and leave a MASSIVE spider web pattern of cracks all aross the thing.... then carted off to hospital and xrayed 4-5 times (can't remember)... told I had no neck/skull damage and have spent the rest of the day in bed..... what a nice way to mark midweek..... not...

P.s. bike's a write off pretty much, the forks are bent all out of line, the steering is all indexed, the back wheel is a bit messed up, and the front wheel looks like a pringle... (lucky the bike cost me 20 quid) (and i still have the 7sp STIs to transfer onto my new bike... (oh, and I got a p-word just to add insult to injury)

jeltz

Veteran
Not good, was it his fault then? Sounds like it! If so surely the bike must have been more like £200 than £20 :smile:

Glad you're not badly hurt,

HelenD123

Guru
jeltz said:
Not good, was it his fault then? Sounds like it! If so surely the bike must have been more like £200 than £20 :becool:

Glad you're not badly hurt,

It's replacement value that counts surely? I bet you couldn't find another for £20.

Anyway, most importantly, glad to hear that you're not badly hurt.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Crikey TT, you must have hit the screen hard to crack it.That has gotta hurt.

How are you feeling today? I would imagine all sorts of bruises will start to show soon.

Take it easy and hope you recover soon.

PS, if he cut across without indicating, then surely its his fault...what's with the P-word?

Was all this in a car park?

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

I'm within reason fine - but yes, car cut across into my path without indicating or respecting the fact that I had right of way...
The driver was alot more shocked than I was - It must be a pretty bad experience when a 6"5 body suddenly appears on your windscreen... for that reason (and the fact that I can hopefully get it fixed for free anyway, I'm not suing or anything (and I imagine her insurance is going to skyrocket as well...) and her first priority was asking if i'm ok, calling ambulances and stuff..

Might take a leaf out of Magnatoms book, and buy a mini cam, as I've had a couple incedents that I wish I had on camera...

nigelb

I assume you'll get the cost of a replacement bike though?

A couple of hundred quid either way isn't going to make any difference whatsoever to her insurance claim - and if she's a reasonable person (like she sounds) then she'd be very upset to think that you were out of pocket because of her mistake.

Anyway, take it gently for a few days, glad you weren't hurt more seriously.

Nige

HobbesChoice

Ouch. Really sorry to hear about this. Is it me or do these experiences seem to be really totting up recently? Or is it something to expect in the winter months?

Anyway, I hope you're up and fit again really soon. Take lots of care of yourself.

Top Bottom